Giant Brownie Cheesecake Ideas ?

Decorating By KodiSnip Updated 11 Aug 2011 , 10:12pm by KodiSnip

KodiSnip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KodiSnip Posted 11 Aug 2011 , 7:47pm
post #1 of 4

My best friends niece is turning 13 and she wants a "chocolate brownie cheesecake shaped like a giant cupcake". I think its a cool idea, I have the giant cupcake pan and have no idea on how to attempt it and am stumped.

I've never made cheesecakes much less attempting one in that cupcake pan. I think that it would be one thick cheesecake...

what do you think of baking the top portion out of cake (for looks only),

Ideas??

3 replies
sweetie78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetie78 Posted 11 Aug 2011 , 8:05pm
post #2 of 4

I'm not sure if the cheesecake would bake through in a pan that thick. What if you made two cheesecakes and stacked them? Cake for the top part would probably be a better idea because a top made from cheesecake would be pretty heavy and might crack the ones below. If you've never made a cheesecake, I'd attempt a trial first to see how it turns out, especially if it's a new recipe. HTH icon_biggrin.gif

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 11 Aug 2011 , 8:30pm
post #3 of 4

The first thing I would do is find out what the niece has in mind when she says "chocolate brownie cheesecake." She might be thinking brownie with a cheesecake swirl. Or maybe something else. Can you speak to her directly and find out?

KodiSnip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KodiSnip Posted 11 Aug 2011 , 10:12pm
post #4 of 4

apparently it is a brownie with cheesecake swirled through it. I may have to make it in a pan and stack it and just make a marble cake for the top so that the top is lighter than the bottom.

For the wrapper, I was thinking about making the candy coated liner using the link I've seen on CC and then carve it to fit. But maybe since everything is so heavy that may not be such a good idea.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%