Knight Battle Scene

Decorating By kryptonite Updated 12 Aug 2011 , 1:27pm by kristanashley

kryptonite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kryptonite Posted 11 Aug 2011 , 7:10pm
post #1 of 5

I have been asked to make a battle scene cake with knights and horses for a 5 year old boy. I've already made the knights and horses, but I'm having trouble thinking of ideas for the actual scene. She just wants a sheet cake, so big figures (castles, dragons, etc) are a no-no...but I hate to just cover the cake with grass and dirt icon_sad.gif Any creative ideas that would impress? Thanks guys!!

4 replies
mckaren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mckaren Posted 12 Aug 2011 , 10:49am
post #2 of 5

An upturned wooden cart/barrels with some knights hiding behind it.

Have a stream/river running through the scene, maybe with knights either side of it.

I'll keep thinking...

icon_smile.gif

JamAndButtercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JamAndButtercream Posted 12 Aug 2011 , 12:27pm
post #3 of 5

Hi,
If its a sheet cake, you could still make free with some great landscape for the knights and horses to be in, it could be grass and dirt, and a river, but it could have trees, with knights hiding behind, stones, bunkers,
I was going to say a knight laying on the grass, with an arrow in his back, but perhaps not good for a 5 year old! icon_eek.gif

If you have knights hiding in different places on the cake, it would be interesting for the birthday boy to look at before he eats it? can he find all the knights? They wouldn't have to be full knights either! There could be a pair of eyes in a barrel a face in a bale of straw! or feet sticking out of a barrel or bale or straw! icon_lol.gif

Hope this helps! Good Luck! thumbs_up.gif

myKzooKid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myKzooKid Posted 12 Aug 2011 , 12:52pm
post #4 of 5

You could make a catapult on one end of the cake aimed at the other end. I recently made one for a Knight battle scene for my nephew. I also included a "metal" brazier to contain the "fire" (i.e. the candles). This is what the soldier used to light the cannon ball on fire before launching it at the enemy. Hope the link works for the picture.

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2046580

You could also make a partial stone wall on one end to suggest the castle is just beyond but you don't actually have to make the castle.
HTH

kristanashley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kristanashley Posted 12 Aug 2011 , 1:27pm
post #5 of 5

make it a joust!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%