My First Street Fair....what Should I Make?

Decorating By madicakes Updated 16 Aug 2011 , 4:54pm by mplaidgirl2

madicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madicakes Posted 11 Aug 2011 , 2:07pm
post #1 of 5

I am renting a booth at my town's annual street fair the last weekend of September. I want to make some cake balls, cupcakes and cookies for sale and to sample. What flavors have you found to be the best selling at these types of events? I live in small town, USA so I'm thinking the tastes will be more on the conservative side, but I do want to throw in a little bit of the unusual flavor combos.

Thanks!

4 replies
JamAndButtercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JamAndButtercream Posted 13 Aug 2011 , 11:16am
post #2 of 5

Hi,
I'd say, well known flavours sell the best, sponge or poundcake, you know a plain one, red velvet is a good one and you can't go wrong with chocolate! everyone loves chocolate, like you said unusual flavours attract aswell, but whats really going to grab attention is what they look like, bright rainbow colours will attract the kids, little girls will love pink ones!

Hope this helps! good luck thumbs_up.gif

madicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madicakes Posted 16 Aug 2011 , 4:01pm
post #3 of 5

Thank you for your help Jam!

Torimomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Torimomma Posted 16 Aug 2011 , 4:39pm
post #4 of 5

Alot of people are fans of carrot cake but I agree with the previous poster about looks. Vanilla and chocolate are safe sellers and if you decorate them to draw attention they will sell no matter what. Maybe some princessy ones for girls and for boys Spiderman, Transformer or something similar.

Something I would try if I ever get around to it is to make cookie fairy wands. Bake stars or hearts on lollipop stick and glitter them up with sugar. Tie a bit of coordinating curly ribbon to the end and you've got a $3 cookie.

Good luck!

mplaidgirl2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mplaidgirl2 Posted 16 Aug 2011 , 4:54pm
post #5 of 5

We had a bake sale and the first thing to go was the CUPcakes.
They are cupcakes stacked in a cup kinda like a parfait.
Each cup had 1.5 cupcakes.
I made smores flavor (Chocolate cake, Chocolate frosting, Marshmellow fluff and graham crackers)
I made Strawberry shortcake with real strawberries
I made some vanilla chocolate.

Adults and kids loves them. I packaged them with a ribbon and a spoon.
Went for $4
(probably could have gotten more but it was a charity event

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%