Makes Me So Mad...

Lounge By Kiddiekakes Updated 11 Aug 2011 , 2:40pm by snocilla

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 11 Aug 2011 , 1:58pm
post #1 of 4

People who post ads on Craiglist and such and offer cake decorating services and state "Why pay the expensive prices" "A custom cake should never cost hundreds of dollars" icon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gif

I've watched all the cake shows like Cake Boss icon_mad.gificon_rolleyes.gif "I never used to bake or cook..I hated it" and now you think you can decorate cakes...Come On..REALLY.... icon_confused.gif

This pisses me off when so many of us Good decoraters that are legit are trying to make an actual living at this.... icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

I just want to email them anonomously and say.."Get the hell off craiglist..your cakes are not that good..certainly not good enough to sell" but...who needs the aggrevation...

Sorry..Just had to vent.... icon_wink.gif

Laurel icon_smile.gif

3 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 11 Aug 2011 , 2:11pm
post #2 of 4

Honestly if someone wants to buy a cake from a complete stranger on craig's list for really cheap it says something both about the seller and the buyer.

The people that would buy those cakes aren't the people that would buy them from me.

I had a guy at my day job ask me how much I'd charge for a cake for his daughter's birthday. I looked at him and said honestly "I'm not cheap, so probably more than you want to spend." Of course I said it with a smile.

boomerangbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
boomerangbaker Posted 11 Aug 2011 , 2:39pm
post #3 of 4

Craigslist ads attract Craigslist customers, and for the most part they are not customers anyone wants.
There is a girl here in town that advertising "cakes for less" on CL, it doesn't bother me because the less not only refers to the price but the quality of work.
I'm not bothered by sub-par cakes.
I honestly just flag them if their ad is exceptionally annoying, or if they have stolen photos which happens a lot of CL.

snocilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snocilla Posted 11 Aug 2011 , 2:40pm
post #4 of 4

I do stick an ad out on Craigslist here and there, but I never claim to be cheap and never try to discredit other bakers. Here is mine... http://norfolk.craigslist.org/for/2527905673.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%