Filling Suggestions Please!!

Decorating By kellyd01 Updated 11 Aug 2011 , 6:18pm by kellyd01

kellyd01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellyd01 Posted 11 Aug 2011 , 6:01am
post #1 of 7

I'm making my twin daughters first birthday cake for their party this Sunday and would like a filling for it. Something to break up the buttercream. The cake is a full sheet of 1/2 chocolate 1/2 yellow batter. Also, I swear I'm not just being lazy! I'm just on information overload!!! I need something easy, but yummy and am not a fan of just preserves or jam. I was considering a strawberries and cream filling but read in the reciews that it can break down after a while and I'm too afraid to chance it! icon_biggrin.gif Please if someone can help I'd appreciate it.

6 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 11 Aug 2011 , 9:18am
post #2 of 7

I like the easy and tasty cream cheese filling:

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/2743/easy-and-tasty-cream-cheese-filling

And you can layer raspberry puree filling over the cream cheese filling for a really pretty double filling (looks great when plated):

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/4143/raspberry-puree-filling

HTH

SugarFiend Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFiend Posted 11 Aug 2011 , 10:14am
post #3 of 7

A pudding "mousse" can be good, and is very easy. I just take a small packet of instant pudding, mix it with a cup of milk, then whip a cup of heavy cream into peaks and fold it in, along with any extracts.

I personally like using french vanilla pudding and flavoring it with almond extract, but the flavor combinations are endless. I think the "Costco Mousse" recipe on here is very similar. (I don't think the cream is whipped separately in that one, though.) HTH!

CarolWI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolWI Posted 11 Aug 2011 , 10:34am
post #4 of 7

I agree with Sherri; a pudding mousse. I've also used Dulce de Leche when in a hurry and want something super quick an easy.

simplysouthern Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
simplysouthern Posted 11 Aug 2011 , 10:53am
post #5 of 7

I think for a child's birthday the pudding mousse would be great. It's simple and something small guests will actually eat icon_smile.gif happy birthday to your daughters!

theCword Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theCword Posted 11 Aug 2011 , 1:44pm
post #6 of 7

I'm making a cake for my cousins baby's 1st b-day party next weekend. I've decided on making the oreo filling from CC. I keep hearing kids (and big kids!) love this stuff... I also heard it tastes wonderful with chocolate or white cake.

kellyd01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellyd01 Posted 11 Aug 2011 , 6:18pm
post #7 of 7

Thank you so much!!! I think I'm going to try the pudding mousse this time around. That sounds really nice and easy! Which I desperately need!!! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%