Best Fondant?

Decorating By Auntie Taytay Updated 13 Aug 2011 , 5:06pm by CupcakeQT82

Auntie Taytay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Auntie Taytay Posted 11 Aug 2011 , 4:49am
post #1 of 7

Hi,
I have been using Wilton fondant but am noticing other brand names when I read the blogs of long-time cake designers. Anyone know which fondant is the best to use? Thanks!
bake2frost

6 replies
Candice56 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Candice56 Posted 11 Aug 2011 , 5:15am
post #2 of 7

There is a recipe on this site for Michele Foster's it looks like a long drug out recipe but once you started it is fast and tastes great I've made it twice yummy both times. Good luck finding one you love.

K1976 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
K1976 Posted 11 Aug 2011 , 7:21am
post #3 of 7

Ditto! No elephant skin.

bakinhoney1980 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakinhoney1980 Posted 11 Aug 2011 , 3:02pm
post #4 of 7

I love the marshmallow fondant. For a while I refused to even make fondant cakes b/c I hated the taste of Wilton's so much. I don't find that the MMF is very difficult to make. There are plenty of good and highly rated recipes on CC. I recently purchased the FondX brand, but haven't tried it yet. I noticed lots of positive comments and have a very large 4 tier cake coming up that I don't want to make 4-5 batches of MMF for.

cakegirl1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegirl1973 Posted 11 Aug 2011 , 3:27pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candice56

There is a recipe on this site for Michele Foster's it looks like a long drug out recipe but once you started it is fast and tastes great I've made it twice yummy both times. Good luck finding one you love.

Not only does it taste good, but I like working with it, too. I used to use Satin Ice, but switched to making my own with this recipe and haven't turned back!

Auntie Taytay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Auntie Taytay Posted 13 Aug 2011 , 4:24pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks fellow cake enthusiasts!

CupcakeQT82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CupcakeQT82 Posted 13 Aug 2011 , 5:06pm
post #7 of 7

I've heard Satin Ice is very nice but I haven't tried it yet. I'm going to be using it in a few weeks to try, so I'll see how it goes. I've also only used Wilton and not a huge fan. I haven't tried making it either because of the time issues but if it comes down to a good cake I'll try making it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%