lucillev Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 10:49pm

I've only met the bride once, when she first came in. Had a very detailed consultation, where I sketched out the cake, colored it with her wedding colors which were platinum, ivory and pearl pink. Small wedding, but she wanted a three tier cake, so the top 3" tier was going to be a dummy.
Delivered a beautiful cake to her wedding, I was very happy with how it looked. She came to return the cake stand last week, and of course I congratulated her, and asked how everything went. She said it was fine, but the colors were incorrect, and there was not enough cake. I was sure that I had got the colors correct according to my sketch, at which point she informs me that she changed the colors of the wedding to gold, ivory and champagne - and didn't inform me!
Also turns out that she thought the bottom tier was the fake one, and THREW IT OUT! Hence, they didn't have enough cake for all the guests. In eleven years of this business, I have never heard of anything this stupid!

22 replies
brandy7909 Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 11:05pm

wow..... i dont even know what to say? lol

mplaidgirl2 Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 11:06pm

Yeah... I think we all have a few stories of stupidity

FerrariGal Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 11:11pm

Lol... Thanks for that good laugh!! What did you say to her?? I think I would have been to dumbfounded to speak!! Lol

QTCakes1 Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 11:17pm

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Stupid really is a stupid does!

Bettyviolet101 Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 11:24pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by mplaidgirl2

Yeah... I think we all have a few stories of stupidity




Yeah but this is pretty incredible. lol!

theonlynameleft Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 11:25pm

Good grief that woman really does sound thick - I hope she didn't try to imply that any of these issues were due to any fault of yours!

I wonder how much styrofoam she consumed before she realised she had thrown out the wrong tier - what a dope! dunce.gif

BizCoCos Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 11:43pm

thank you, I needed a laugh today, I have nothing else to say since I can't wrap my thoughts around the bride's statements to you icon_rolleyes.gif

olleharr Posted 11 Aug 2011 , 12:38am

Wow! What did you even say? I would have been speechless.

Kiddiekakes Posted 11 Aug 2011 , 1:01am

I am sorry but this story just "Takes the cake"..pardon the pun..What a total idiot..Can anyone not tell the difference between light styrofoam and heavy cake?

She deserves what she gets!!

mommynana Posted 11 Aug 2011 , 1:04am
Quote:
Originally Posted by theonlynameleft

Good grief that woman really does sound thick - I hope she didn't try to imply that any of these issues were due to any fault of yours!

I wonder how much styrofoam she consumed before she realised she had thrown out the wrong tier - what a dope! dunce.gif





OMG That was all most funnier then the OP LOL

cdgleason Posted 11 Aug 2011 , 1:10am

wow!! sounds like 'cake wrecks' should add a special page for "BEYOND stupid client' stories!!~~

liha21 Posted 11 Aug 2011 , 1:10am

OMG, the weight of the bottom cake would be heavy. And besides that you would start at the top, and work your way down. There for, what she said just doesn't even make sense.
She must be blonder than blonde. WOW. Oh, and of course you were supposed to be psychic and know that she changed the colors, duh!! LOL.

tokazodo Posted 11 Aug 2011 , 1:47am

A ha,ha,ha,ha, ha, she threw out the bottom of the cake! Lol I can't stop laughing at that.

icon_confused.gif Wait, please don't tell me she froze the fake top tier for her first year anniversary! icon_cry.gif

I really needed this laugh,
thanks for sharing!

gscout73 Posted 11 Aug 2011 , 1:59am
Quote:
Originally Posted by tokazodo

A ha,ha,ha,ha, ha, she threw out the bottom of the cake! Lol I can't stop laughing at that.

icon_confused.gif Wait, please don't tell me she froze the fake top tier for her first year anniversary! icon_cry.gif !




THAT would be AWESOME!!! She forgets to tell you she changed the colors, AND forgets that she DID tell you to make the top fake, but thinks it was the bottom. A year later they go to cut the cake and think it got hard from freezer burn... lol And it if they do manage to get it sawed, I can just see her trying to figure out how the cake texture became so dry.... and hard.... roflmao....... What a nut!!! thumbs_up.gificon_evil.giftapedshut.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

theonlynameleft Posted 11 Aug 2011 , 2:01am

[quote="gscout73"]

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokazodo

THAT would be AWESOME!!! A year later they go to cut the cake and think it got hard from freezer burn... lol And it if they do manage to get it sawed, I can just see her trying to figure out how the cake texture became so dry.... and hard.... roflmao....... thumbs_up.gificon_evil.giftapedshut.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif




And then a year down the track you will get a call saying "not sure what you did to the cake but I am not happy because the anniversary tier seems very starchy..."!

tiggy2 Posted 11 Aug 2011 , 2:02am

The bride is really stupid or we have a troll.

cakestyles Posted 11 Aug 2011 , 2:12am

Why the heck would the bride be in charge of cutting her own cake? SHE threw the tier out? icon_confused.gif That seems odd.

"At this time the bride will cut and serve her own wedding cake" icon_razz.gif

ShandraB Posted 11 Aug 2011 , 2:13am

What is a troll?

olleharr Posted 11 Aug 2011 , 2:37am
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggy2

The bride is really stupid or we have a troll.




That thought crossed my mind too. Sounds a little too stupid.

mommachris Posted 11 Aug 2011 , 3:06am

Shandra, a troll is someone with nothing better to do than post silly stories attempting to fool others into getting worked up about something that never happened. Their stories fall apart under scrutiny of real bakers.

In this case, ( and I'm not calling the OP a troll) the story is not only implausible, but the low number of her posts ..her first one ever!.. and the fact that no cake picture of this or any of her designs are there for us to see what she is talking about, leads one to think this OP story is more than likely not true.
If I'm wrong, I will be the first to apologize.

But many of us get tired of the games and like to warn others by announcing that "a troll may be in the garden".
It throws water on the fire and lets us get back to helping others who really do need advise.

mommachris

ShandraB Posted 11 Aug 2011 , 3:11am
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommachris

Shandra, a troll is someone with nothing better to do than post silly stories attempting to fool others into getting worked up about something that never happened. Their stories fall apart under scrutiny of real bakers.

In this case, ( and I'm not calling the OP a troll) the story is not only implausible, but the low number of her posts ..her first one ever!.. and the fact that no cake picture of this or any of her designs are there for us to see what she is talking about, leads one to think this OP story is more than likely not true.
If I'm wrong, I will be the first to apologize.

But many of us get tired of the games and like to warn others by announcing that "a troll may be in the garden".
It throws water on the fire and lets us get back to helping others who really do need advise.

mommachris




Thanks! That's a new one for me.

patjobes Posted 11 Aug 2011 , 9:09pm

troll or not i still had to laugh as all the other posts were realy funny, especialy saving the top tier for her anniversary, i admit it sounds a bit strange but it made me smile all the same sorry i must have had a realy bad day to laugh so much

Quote by %username% on %date%

%body%