Cupcakes And Fridge

Baking By sandy99 Updated 11 Aug 2011 , 11:42am by Lemmers

sandy99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sandy99 Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 10:18pm
post #1 of 7

i am from europe and here our cakes in shops are in the fridge. when i saw american shows as cupcake wars and cupcake girls, i see that in the pastry shops the cupcakes are on stands out of the fridge. does the cupcakes need fridge when they have cream cheese frosting or whipped cream. this stores dont use these stuffs? help please and sorry for my english icon_redface.gif

6 replies
elizaBakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elizaBakes Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 10:34pm
post #2 of 7

Since cream cheese is dairy, I would advice it be refrigerated. However I have left a cake covered with cream cheese frosting out for a few hours in a cool room and it does fine. As far as whipped cream, here in my area (CALIFORNIA, USA) we have a non-dairy whipped cream that I use and doesn't need to be refrigerated. Otherwhise, BC or Fondant cupcakes don't need refrigeration. (In my opinion)

sandy99 Posted 11 Aug 2011 , 8:18am
post #3 of 7

so what this shops like <<sprinkle>> doing? the dont use this things like creacheese?

Lemmers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lemmers Posted 11 Aug 2011 , 8:26am
post #4 of 7

I would imagine they DO use cream cheese, but the cakes probably sell way before they need to go back in the fridge! And same as previous poster said, I imagine non-dairy whipped cream is used for the cream topped cakes.

sandy99 Posted 11 Aug 2011 , 10:13am
post #5 of 7

thank you so much for the answers thumbs_up.gif

Claire138 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Claire138 Posted 11 Aug 2011 , 11:30am
post #6 of 7

My question about shows like cupcake wars is that they never tie their hair up, it drives me crazy, how can you bake/cook without tying back your hair?

Lemmers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lemmers Posted 11 Aug 2011 , 11:42am
post #7 of 7

I know what you mean!

A) Having my hair dangling in my face is really annoying, and b) hardly hygienic as they will undoubtedly fall off now and again, right into your cake batter icon_eek.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%