Problems For Getting Credit For Work, Please Help

Baking By amaryllis756 Updated 12 Aug 2011 , 10:01am by amaryllis756

amaryllis756 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amaryllis756 Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 11:30am
post #1 of 6

I am making 400 cupcakes for a wedding coming up. I am not allowed to deliver the cupcakes to the venue and set-up the display. (it is someone else's responsiblity, but that is another story). This is what my concern is. I am afraid that the restaurant that is setting up and delivering the cupcakes will get credit for the work I have put into them. Can anyone makes any suggestions how to avoid this? Someone suggested that I put little stickers on the bottom of the cupcake wrappers. Do you think this is proper? I really want the credit for all my hard work. What should I do?

5 replies
Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 12:01pm
post #2 of 6

Definitely put stickers on the bottom of the wrappers!

aprilismaius Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aprilismaius Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 5:29pm
post #3 of 6

I don't know. I make cupcakes for weddings pretty much every weekend. I would not personally put stickers on the cupcakes. The bride and groom have already compensated me for the cupcakes, and I think covertly placing advertising at a wedding is tacky. Now, if the bride and groom ask me to give them a stack of business cards to pass out to people who inquire, I will give those to them. But I go in with the attitude that it's their day, not mine. The bride and groom know who did the work, paid me to do it and generally pass my business' name on. Again, just me. Do what works for you.

Mamasan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mamasan Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 5:39pm
post #4 of 6

I agree with April. Your reputation is credit for your work. People will ask them long after the wedding where the cupcakes came from.

Maybe you can set up a mini display and take pictures for your portfolio before you deliver. You can also ask the happy couple for pictures after the wedding.

dldbrou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dldbrou Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 6:53pm
post #5 of 6

Do you have a logo? I think putting your logo on the bottom of the cupcakes would make them a high-end designer look if done tastefully. Just think of all the products that have nice looking logos and people love them. If there was a way to order cupcake holders with your logo, it would really say designer cupcakes. Just make sure it is a design that does not take away from the occasion.

amaryllis756 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amaryllis756 Posted 12 Aug 2011 , 10:01am
post #6 of 6

The problem is that it is a resaurant who is setting up the cupcakes, so they will get the credit for making, people assuming that if the restaurant is catering the event, they made the cupcakes. Oh well, I guess that is the price you pay, when you allow people to push you around. Next time I will make sure I do get credit. But this is typical from where I am from. They like to push the little businesses out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%