Best Apple Pie Cupcake Recipe?

Baking By StormyHaze Updated 10 Aug 2011 , 6:58pm by StormyHaze

StormyHaze Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 5:32am
post #1 of 4

Yeah, I know some one is going to be watching this thread just as much as me, because who wouldn't want an APPLE PIE CUPCAKE recipe?

Anyways, this flavor is one of the few i don't have in m repertoire, and am still looking. But in the meantime, if you have one you have confidence in, id love to see it!

Cheers!

After thought: What in your opinion is the best apple for baking? For anything?

3 replies
scp1127 Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 11:41am
post #2 of 4

Stormy, I like Granny Smith for baking because it doesn't turn to mush when cooked, and it's tart flavor is perfect for adding sugar. Any apple with these two qualities will work. Ask your local farmers market about what you need and you will get a great local option.

I adapt recipes all the time. If you have a great base cupcake recipe you already like, you can make changes. Add apple pie spice to the batter. Cook apples on the stove with butter, spices and sugar... exactly like your favorite apple pie recipe. Fill the cupcake with the filling and top with a brushing of the cooked apple liquid. Frost with IMBC with plenty of vanilla to mimic ice cream. A little of the cooked apple liquid can drizzle on top. Now that's a good cupcake! And it is all you own recipes so you are sure to love it.

Valkstar Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 11:48am
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by scp1127

Stormy, I like Granny Smith for baking because it doesn't turn to mush when cooked, and it's tart flavor is perfect for adding sugar. Any apple with these two qualities will work. Ask your local farmers market about what you need and you will get a great local option.

I adapt recipes all the time. If you have a great base cupcake recipe you already like, you can make changes. Add apple pie spice to the batter. Cook apples on the stove with butter, spices and sugar... exactly like your favorite apple pie recipe. Fill the cupcake with the filling and top with a brushing of the cooked apple liquid. Frost with IMBC with plenty of vanilla to mimic ice cream. A little of the cooked apple liquid can drizzle on top. Now that's a good cupcake! And it is all you own recipes so you are sure to love it.

Drool!!!! That sounds great....I'm going to have to experiment with this too!

StormyHaze Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 6:58pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by scp1127

Only problem is im not so great at making pies! All my focus goes into cupcakes, so other desserts kind of get neglected.. v_v;

Whenever i make apple pie i somehow get the liquid too watery.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%