Modeling Chocolate, Making Isn't An Option

Decorating By CiNoRi Updated 10 Aug 2011 , 3:02pm by CiNoRi

CiNoRi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CiNoRi Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 3:34am
post #1 of 7

I am to the point where it is no longer cost effective to make my own modeling chocolate. Does anyone have any suggestions on where I can buy it pre-made, in bulk?

Thanks!

6 replies
ConfectionsCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConfectionsCC Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 3:41am
post #2 of 7

Making it not cost effective?? Have you looked at the price of it pre-made!?!?!?! I have searched high and low, and I make it for a TINY fraction of what it costs pre-made! Cheapest I have found it, $30 for 4lbs!! I can make about 5lbs for less than 10!!!

CiNoRi Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 3:44am
post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConfectionsCC

Making it not cost effective?? Have you looked at the price of it pre-made!?!?!?! I have searched high and low, and I make it for a TINY fraction of what it costs pre-made! Cheapest I have found it, $30 for 4lbs!! I can make about 5lbs for less than 10!!!

It's not cost effective in my time. I use so much, pre-made would actually save me money icon_wink.gif

ConfectionsCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConfectionsCC Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 12:54pm
post #4 of 7

What I do is I double, tripple the recipe, make it all at once, and its very fast and in my personal opinion, paying 4 times the amount is just not worth it! Seriously does not take me more than ten minutes to make a batch of any size, I pop mine in the freezer for quick cooling, or just make it a day ahead of time (while my cakes are in the oven!) What recipe are you using to make it?? If you don't mind me asking! Here is mine...super easy and fast
http://www.joyofbaking.com/ModelingChoc.html

pegalter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pegalter Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 2:41pm
post #5 of 7

Charm City Cakes (now open in LA as well as Baltimore) uses the modeling chocolate from Chocolate Craft Kits (Chocolate Craft Colors) on the web. They have been using my product for two years now and will recommend it. You can call or email me to arrange wholesale pricing.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 2:57pm
post #6 of 7

Chocopan makes some... Not sure about the price.

CiNoRi Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 3:02pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSugar

Chocopan makes some... Not sure about the price.

Yeah I talked to their reps at ICES. They are pricey (But VERY tasty), Just at quick looking im seeing $5-$6 per lb when ordering a large amount. This does not include shipping. So im weighing my options

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%