Making People From Gumpaste

Decorating By Vanessa7 Updated 10 Aug 2011 , 8:49am by Coral3

Vanessa7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Vanessa7 Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 2:32am
post #1 of 3

Ok, I really stink at making people!!!!!! They tend to be very flat and boxy in the torso no matter how much I try to make them "barrelled" shape. And that is only the beginning of my deficits. Just take a look at my most recent cake "Let's Go Camping". Does anyone know where I can find a tutorial or two on how to make people? I really want to get better at this.

2 replies
evans000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
evans000 Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 7:15am
post #2 of 3

www.extraicing.co.uk try this site, i was pointed in her direction by a lady on here and i'm so glad i went on. i have just purchased 6 tutorials (they were half price which ended UK midnight time) and they're fantastic. Her site is excellent she is called lorraine Mckay.

Coral3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Coral3 Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 8:49am
post #3 of 3

They're something you need to practice at, that's for sure. Nobody's first attempts at making people are perfect. I've have a few goes at them now over the last year or two and am getting to the stage where I'm more or less happy putting what I make onto an actual cake...but my first attempts were just AWFUL. So practice, practice, practice. Depending on how you learn, you may find the above link for tutorials very helpful - Lorraine does great figurines. (I've haven't used any of her tutorials myself though...I learn best by trial and error) Don't give up! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%