Making People From Gumpaste

Decorating By Vanessa7 Updated 10 Aug 2011 , 8:49am by Coral3

Vanessa7 Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 2:32am
post #1 of 3

Ok, I really stink at making people!!!!!! They tend to be very flat and boxy in the torso no matter how much I try to make them "barrelled" shape. And that is only the beginning of my deficits. Just take a look at my most recent cake "Let's Go Camping". Does anyone know where I can find a tutorial or two on how to make people? I really want to get better at this.

2 replies
evans000 Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 7:15am
post #2 of 3

www.extraicing.co.uk try this site, i was pointed in her direction by a lady on here and i'm so glad i went on. i have just purchased 6 tutorials (they were half price which ended UK midnight time) and they're fantastic. Her site is excellent she is called lorraine Mckay.

Coral3 Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 8:49am
post #3 of 3

They're something you need to practice at, that's for sure. Nobody's first attempts at making people are perfect. I've have a few goes at them now over the last year or two and am getting to the stage where I'm more or less happy putting what I make onto an actual cake...but my first attempts were just AWFUL. So practice, practice, practice. Depending on how you learn, you may find the above link for tutorials very helpful - Lorraine does great figurines. (I've haven't used any of her tutorials myself though...I learn best by trial and error) Don't give up! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%