Is This Called "petal Effect"?

Decorating By LoriMc Updated 9 Feb 2012 , 12:05am by michellescott100

LoriMc Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 12:07am
post #1 of 11

I love the look on the sides of this cake. Is this called "Petal Effect", and can someone explain to me how this is done? Is it basically a pear border that you flatten with your finger?? I can't find the tutorial anywhere on here. Thanks!

10 replies
shanter Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 12:18am
post #2 of 11

Amanda (I am mommy and I am baker) shows how to pipe it.
If you don't see the "Pink Cake" go to "Next"--every time she posts it shoves things down, so it may go from one page to the next. (Hope that makes sense).

cdgleason Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 12:45am
post #3 of 11

Just had a few minutes to check out the "I am baker" blog.... I saved it as a favorite!! it's really nice!!

molly_36 Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 1:16am
post #4 of 11 has a tutorial on the petal effect and its a little different than I am Baker, using a 12 tip and offset spatula. That's the technique I used and loved the outcome.

shanter Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 1:26am
post #5 of 11

It looks to me like requires a 1 year membership for $30.00 to see the tutorials.

mburkett Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 1:40am
post #6 of 11

You can look through the blog for some really great tutorials w/o being a member. The petal effect is in there.

However, I'm really pleased with with I've seen so far and for $30 / year, that's less than one "coffee out" per month.

shanter Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 2:15am
post #7 of 11


molly_36 Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 2:34am
post #8 of 11

I feel like I've gotten my money's worth from mycakeschool as there aren't any classes near me to take other than Wilton.

LoriMc Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 3:18am
post #9 of 11

Thanks guys!

eastercand Posted 7 Sep 2011 , 7:37pm
post #10 of 11

i belong to and their membership is $19.95 will worth the money, you will love it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%