So Mad At Customer Yesterday But Feeling Bad Today

Decorating By reginaherrin Updated 10 Aug 2011 , 2:47am by matthewkyrankelly

reginaherrin Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 8:40pm
post #1 of 11

So I had a previous customer call me yesterday about a cake she needs by FRIDAY. Now I do take last minute cake orders if I am able to so that's not really a problem. She had tried to call me on Sunday but my phone messed up one time and the second time was at dinner so I didn't answer but she didn't leave a message. Anyways she had a picture of what she wanted and would send it in a hour or so. This was at 2, and I still hadn't received it by 6. So she calls about 7:30 to see if I got it which I hadn't. She said she just sent it 30 minutes ago which I'm sure I got I just haven't checked yet since it was after hours and actually my families dinner time but I will check it and email back. She asks if I will call her right back and I said not tonight but I will tomorrow. She keeps pushing and pushing while I keep saying no but I finally say yes. She already has made me mad because I was pushed into giving her a discount on the last cake with a promise of a second cake within a month and cowboys football tickets, which neither came. So I look at the pics she sent and came up with prices that are higher then I normally do and call her back. I give her the prices and she says they are high and the last cake wasn't which I tell her that was because I gave her a discount. She does order the cake anyways, so I know price is not an issue. I now feel a bit bad I am charging her so much and for getting a bit frustrated on the second call. So let me know what you all think.

10 replies
LKing12 Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 8:54pm
post #2 of 11

Waited till the last minute-10%
Called after hours-10%
Didn't listen-10%
Feeling guilty-priceless!
Don't worry about it. Just hope she pays you...

Montrealconfections Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 8:57pm
post #3 of 11

Don't worry about it, she agreed on the price there should be a premium for requesting a last minute custom cake.

terrylee Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 9:00pm
post #4 of 11

You already been the good guy and gave her a discount on the one cake, She promised you several things and has not followed through.....and now she wants another favor........she is being a pain in the a... she is taking advantage of your good nature........ Charge her your normal price, plus a PIA charge......if she doesn't like it, to bad.... no more price breaks. I'm sorry but some customers just have to be dealt with firmly. Good luck.

Rosiepan Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 9:07pm
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKing12

Waited till the last minute-10%
Called after hours-10%
Didn't listen-10%
Feeling guilty-priceless!
Don't worry about it. Just hope she pays you...

thumbs_up.gificon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gif

hollyberry91 Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 9:08pm
post #6 of 11

If someone promised me cowboys tickets for a discounted tickets and i never got them i wouldn't make them anymore cakes! Don't feel bad icon_smile.gif

reginaherrin Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 9:14pm
post #7 of 11

I am pretty disappointed about the tickets. I have been wanting to go to a game but the tickets are so expensive and the fathers company gets them free. I do feel better now that others agree with what I did. Thanks.

shaekae81 Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 10:27pm
post #8 of 11

I totally agree! Don't feel bad!

I like the idea of charging a "Pain in the a$$" fee! I just may implement that! lol icon_smile.gif

As a fellow Cowboy fan (native Texan misplaced in Germany...lol), I have to say waiting until THIS season, you may just get a better deal if you do finally end up with the tickets icon_wink.gif

gscout73 Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 2:22am
post #9 of 11

I love the idea of a PITA fee... may have to take into serious consideration....lol

QTCakes1 Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 2:24am
post #10 of 11

Heck, no promised football tickets?! No way I would feel bad.

matthewkyrankelly Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 2:47am
post #11 of 11

By the way - your prices should be going up all of the time. Don't feel bad about that.

Are you paying the same for a pound of butter that you did a year ago?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%