Product Labeling

Business By leah_s Updated 10 Aug 2011 , 2:12pm by leah_s

leah_s Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 7:21pm
post #1 of 6

I have to start doing it. Is there a software program out there somewhere that will make this easy?

5 replies
cheatize Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 11:54pm
post #2 of 6

Not that I know of. I save mine in an Excel file so all the flavors are in one place.

fsinger84 Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 11:59pm
post #3 of 6

Ugh I hate it so much.

What I did is I sat down with all of my recipes and made one master label that fit the labels I bought. Then I type out the ingredients list into one of the spaces. I then use the find/replace to insert the text into every box. I then save the doc as Flavor Name Labels after each doc is completed.

I also have a bunch of recipes that are the same but for one ingredient so the find/replace function works great for those all I do is change the name and then like strawberry to raspberry etc.

I don't know if that made any sense but that's how I do it.

platinumlady Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 12:21am
post #4 of 6

Hey Leah_s one of the programs that cost is nutracoster ( You put in the ingredients & the amounts and you will get the Nutritional facts for that product just like a label for ohhh "mustard" You can then print it out yourself or have a company print them.

There is also a free one...but I didn't like it because it wanted you to subscribe to too many books & stuff.
I just google & found the free one.

Also some universities will do it for you. The price goes anywhere from $150 to $5,000

I hope this helps. I will try to find the others but the one I mentioned first is used by a lot of here in this area.

scp1127 Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 4:04am
post #5 of 6

You can look into the FDA label. If interested, I will find it in the file.

Edit: Probably more info than needed on your label.

leah_s Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 2:12pm
post #6 of 6

I just started banging it out last night. Most of my recipes are by weights anyway, so that helped. And Many of my recipes are adaptations, so once I get white cake done, I just add strawberry concentrate and strawberry flavoring and I've got strawberry cake.

Now, why was it I wanted to offer 31 flavors?

Quote by @%username% on %date%