Which Is The Best Recipe You Can Make In Advance?

Baking By iris219 Updated 10 Aug 2011 , 12:19pm by iris219

iris219 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iris219 Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 12:45pm
post #1 of 5

Hi everyone, Hope you can help. I have been tring different recipes found here on CC and there are a few of them I would like to make for my final cake in September. My problem is, which are the best recipes that you can make way in advance and still have them taste as if they were baked that day?

The reason I'm asking is, I tried an almond cake recipe found on line (which taste sooooo good) which I made into cupcakes....made so many that I had left overs from Sunday. I went to eat one today and they no longer taste like the strong almond flavor the first day I made them. Was planning on making this recipe for one of my cake layers but now being that they are 2 days old don't think it will work.

I have a 4 layer cake to make each layer being a different flavor. I was planning on the dreamsikle cake, pineapple cake, cookie N cream cake and this almond cake that lost its flavor after 2 days. But now need to think of another flavor. (trying to stay away from vanilla & chocolate cakes)

Can anyone tell me if they made these recipes (dreamsickle, pineapple & Cookie N Cream) in advanced and if they still taste fresh the day it was served? Or if you can suggest a recipe that you make in advanced and still taste great the day you serve it.

4 replies
Narie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Narie Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 1:22pm
post #2 of 5

Cakes made from scratch have no preservatives to keep them fresh tasting for days. Try freezing your cakes. Bake, cool, wrap carefully and freeze. Then pull them out, thaw, frost and serve.

iris219 Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 10:17pm
post #3 of 5

ok, thank you

caymancake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caymancake Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 10:34pm
post #4 of 5

WASC cakes also keep well for a couple of days...there is a scratch variation that I've used successfully if you don't want to go to the doctored cake mix route.

iris219 Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 12:19pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by caymancake

WASC cakes also keep well for a couple of days...there is a scratch variation that I've used successfully if you don't want to go to the doctored cake mix route.

Oh thats good news. going to search now, thank you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%