I Guarantee You've Never Had This Request :)

Decorating By tullicious Updated 9 Aug 2011 , 7:13pm by mena2002

tullicious Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 1:21am
post #1 of 17

A friend has asked me to do a cake for her daughter. This is the third cake I'll be doing for her kids. OK... so the daughter wants a cake with a yorkie poo with a side of french fries and ketchup. icon_surprised.gif I did a little mini yorkie cake for my mom, but it wasn't the best. I was playing around. And I'm still relatively a newbie. Is there any sort of tutorial how to make/carve a dog cake? I was wondering if I might just have to do a gumpaste or fondant figure or do it out of RKT. The fries and ketchup I have down. She looked at my pics of cakes I've done and kinda combined them I guess. But I'd love to do this for her. How would you take this one on???

16 replies
instant-gratificaketion Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 1:48am
post #2 of 17

Oh mah gah! I would totally do a yorkie poo IN a hamburger bun with a side of fries and ketchup...or would that traumatize her? LOL

I'm an animal lover, really. But that would be funny.

I googled how to make a dog cake:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOyibd6tDvo

olleharr Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 2:01am
post #3 of 17

What a cute combination and a wonderful challenge for you! The first thing I thought was making a life sized large order of fries on top of the cake with the little pup made of modeling chocolate peeking out of the middle of the fries.

Coral3 Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 2:13am
post #5 of 17

LOL, oh dear, I misunderstood that request on first read. Here in Australia we use the word 'poo' in place of your word 'poop' - so I was picturing an entirely different (much worse!) cake. I'm glad she just meant an actual dog. (Unless it's an Australian ordering that cake from you...?)

instant-gratificaketion Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 2:16am
post #6 of 17

LOL Coral3!

A Yorkie Poo is a Yorkshire Terrier and Poodle mix! We also use the word "poo" for "poop" occasionally.

This made me LOL!

Coral3 Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 2:24am
post #7 of 17

icon_biggrin.gif ...and I was scratching my head there for a second wondering exactly how ON EARTH anyone could be expected to make dog turd look like it belonged to a Yorkie. icon_lol.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 4:26am
post #8 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coral3

icon_biggrin.gif ...and I was scratching my head there for a second wondering exactly how ON EARTH anyone could be expected to make dog turd look like it belonged to a Yorkie. icon_lol.gif

icon_redface.gif So was I!!! icon_lol.gif

Curtsmin24 Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 4:36am
post #9 of 17
Quote:
Quote:

Coral3 wrote:
...and I was scratching my head there for a second wondering exactly how ON EARTH anyone could be expected to make dog turd look like it belonged to a Yorkie.

So was I!!!

me too! icon_redface.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

FrecklesCakes Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 5:06am
post #10 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtsmin24

Quote:
Quote:

Coral3 wrote:
...and I was scratching my head there for a second wondering exactly how ON EARTH anyone could be expected to make dog turd look like it belonged to a Yorkie.

So was I!!!

me too! icon_redface.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

icon_redface.gif haha me too opps! how funny!

sorry I have no help to offer though xx

tullicious Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 3:45pm
post #11 of 17

you guys are silly! icon_biggrin.gif i actually did a search for "yorkie poo" and then made myself laugh when some of the cakes came up. i didn't think before i searched it. looks like i need to search deep into my artistic mind to come up with something for this one! icon_razz.gif

CakeCrystals Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 6:29pm
post #12 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by instant-gratificaketion

Oh mah gah! I would totally do a yorkie poo IN a hamburger bun with a side of fries and ketchup...or would that traumatize her? LOL

I'm an animal lover, really. But that would be funny.

I googled how to make a dog cake:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOyibd6tDvo

LMAO

sweetideas Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 6:41pm
post #13 of 17

How about the dog being a little naughty and sneaking into the french fries...or having his head stuck in the fry box?

tullicious Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 6:43pm
post #14 of 17

thanks for the fun ideas. would you go the route of the dog being the whole cake, or made of fondant or gumpaste?

sheeny Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 7:09pm
post #15 of 17

I think making the dog cake and the head out of RKT could work, with him attacking a container of french fries, fries sprawled around him some in the container, and ketchup all over his face and paws....

mena2002 Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 7:13pm
post #17 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheeny

I think making the dog cake and the head out of RKT could work, with him attacking a container of french fries, fries sprawled around him some in the container, and ketchup all over his face and paws....

thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%