I Guarantee You've Never Had This Request :)

Decorating By tullicious Updated 9 Aug 2011 , 7:13pm by mena2002

 tullicious  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tullicious Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 1:21am
post #1 of 17

A friend has asked me to do a cake for her daughter. This is the third cake I'll be doing for her kids. OK... so the daughter wants a cake with a yorkie poo with a side of french fries and ketchup. icon_surprised.gif I did a little mini yorkie cake for my mom, but it wasn't the best. I was playing around. And I'm still relatively a newbie. Is there any sort of tutorial how to make/carve a dog cake? I was wondering if I might just have to do a gumpaste or fondant figure or do it out of RKT. The fries and ketchup I have down. She looked at my pics of cakes I've done and kinda combined them I guess. But I'd love to do this for her. How would you take this one on???

16 replies
 instant-gratificaketion  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
instant-gratificaketion Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 1:48am
post #2 of 17

Oh mah gah! I would totally do a yorkie poo IN a hamburger bun with a side of fries and ketchup...or would that traumatize her? LOL

I'm an animal lover, really. But that would be funny.

I googled how to make a dog cake:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOyibd6tDvo

 olleharr  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
olleharr Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 2:01am
post #3 of 17

What a cute combination and a wonderful challenge for you! The first thing I thought was making a life sized large order of fries on top of the cake with the little pup made of modeling chocolate peeking out of the middle of the fries.

 jenng1482  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
 Coral3  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Coral3 Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 2:13am
post #5 of 17

LOL, oh dear, I misunderstood that request on first read. Here in Australia we use the word 'poo' in place of your word 'poop' - so I was picturing an entirely different (much worse!) cake. I'm glad she just meant an actual dog. (Unless it's an Australian ordering that cake from you...?)

 instant-gratificaketion  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
instant-gratificaketion Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 2:16am
post #6 of 17

LOL Coral3!

A Yorkie Poo is a Yorkshire Terrier and Poodle mix! We also use the word "poo" for "poop" occasionally.

This made me LOL!

 Coral3  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Coral3 Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 2:24am
post #7 of 17

icon_biggrin.gif ...and I was scratching my head there for a second wondering exactly how ON EARTH anyone could be expected to make dog turd look like it belonged to a Yorkie. icon_lol.gif

 bobwonderbuns  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 4:26am
post #8 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coral3

icon_biggrin.gif ...and I was scratching my head there for a second wondering exactly how ON EARTH anyone could be expected to make dog turd look like it belonged to a Yorkie. icon_lol.gif




icon_redface.gif So was I!!! icon_lol.gif

 Curtsmin24  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Curtsmin24 Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 4:36am
post #9 of 17
Quote:
Quote:

Coral3 wrote:
...and I was scratching my head there for a second wondering exactly how ON EARTH anyone could be expected to make dog turd look like it belonged to a Yorkie.


So was I!!!





me too! icon_redface.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

 FrecklesCakes  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FrecklesCakes Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 5:06am
post #10 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtsmin24

Quote:
Quote:

Coral3 wrote:
...and I was scratching my head there for a second wondering exactly how ON EARTH anyone could be expected to make dog turd look like it belonged to a Yorkie.


So was I!!!





me too! icon_redface.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif




icon_redface.gif haha me too opps! how funny!

sorry I have no help to offer though xx

 tullicious  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tullicious Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 3:45pm
post #11 of 17

you guys are silly! icon_biggrin.gif i actually did a search for "yorkie poo" and then made myself laugh when some of the cakes came up. i didn't think before i searched it. looks like i need to search deep into my artistic mind to come up with something for this one! icon_razz.gif

 CakeCrystals  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeCrystals Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 6:29pm
post #12 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by instant-gratificaketion

Oh mah gah! I would totally do a yorkie poo IN a hamburger bun with a side of fries and ketchup...or would that traumatize her? LOL

I'm an animal lover, really. But that would be funny.

I googled how to make a dog cake:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOyibd6tDvo




LMAO

 sweetideas  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetideas Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 6:41pm
post #13 of 17

How about the dog being a little naughty and sneaking into the french fries...or having his head stuck in the fry box?

 tullicious  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tullicious Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 6:43pm
post #14 of 17

thanks for the fun ideas. would you go the route of the dog being the whole cake, or made of fondant or gumpaste?

 sheeny  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sheeny Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 7:09pm
post #15 of 17

I think making the dog cake and the head out of RKT could work, with him attacking a container of french fries, fries sprawled around him some in the container, and ketchup all over his face and paws....

 sheeny  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
 mena2002  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mena2002 Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 7:13pm
post #17 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheeny

I think making the dog cake and the head out of RKT could work, with him attacking a container of french fries, fries sprawled around him some in the container, and ketchup all over his face and paws....





thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%