Silicone Reusable Bake Cups???

Baking By lschmitz05 Updated 9 Aug 2011 , 11:45pm by MimiFix

lschmitz05 Posted 8 Aug 2011 , 11:43pm
post #1 of 4

I am thinking about getting some Silicone reusable bake cups for cupcakes....

Has anyone used them and what do you think about them???

And if you use them do you take the cupcakes out before decorating them or do you keep them in the silicone cups when you deliver them and get them back from the customer?

Thanks!

3 replies
MimiFix Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 2:30pm
post #2 of 4

Think of the silicone cups as you would any of your baking pans. You would never give your products to a customer when they're still in pans, right?

When I first discovered silicone pans I fell in love with them. I bought a couple of large bundt size pans and the bundt cakes released so easily! I immediately purchased two dozen little silicone bake cups. I was thrilled with their performance. This love affair lasted right up until I had to wash the little suckers. My dishwasher didn't remove all the food particles so I washed twenty four of them all with hundreds of little ridges. I'm back to loving my paper liners.

lschmitz05 Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 11:25pm
post #3 of 4

I realized it was silly after I wrote about leaving the cupcakes in the cups and giving them to the customers, but I live in a very small town and all the people I have order cakes from me are people that I know and I often lend out my good stands and cupcake holders for them to use.

I was just not sure if the cupcakes would dry out faster?

MimiFix Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 11:45pm
post #4 of 4

Paper liners remain on the cupcakes and help retain moisture. Since silicone liners must be removed, the cupcakes will definitely dry out faster.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%