Minnie Mouse Ears

Decorating By Pinky_Passion Updated 10 Aug 2011 , 2:50pm by lilmisscakes

Pinky_Passion Posted 8 Aug 2011 , 11:22pm
post #1 of 4

Does anyone know how to make Minnie Mouse ears for cupcakes and cake? Is there any tutorial on how to make it?

3 replies
shuswapcakes Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 4:29am
post #2 of 4

For minimouse cupcakes I use oreo cookies (pull them apart and use just the black cookies) with a red bow sitting in front of them - they turned out really great. I will try and find my picture of them and post it for you. For a larger cake you could use black fondant that you can purchase already colored from Wilton, or you could use gum paste as well and shape them into Minimouse ears.

Lemmers Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 3:48pm
post #3 of 4

I used fondant/gumpaste and cut circles out using a cookie cutter, then cut a curved portion off the bottom using my knife so that the ear could sit on the cake snugly, then I sat them in dessert spoons overnight to harden and get a bit of a curve to them. I then airbrushed them black but you could always just use the right colour fondant in the first place!

The cake is in my photos!

lilmisscakes Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 2:50pm
post #4 of 4

I did the same thing, I used a round cutter to cut out two black fondant circles. Then I cut a little of the edge off so it would sit flush against the round top. I put wires in each ear for extra support. Once they were dry I pushed them into the cake and used royal icing to attach them for even more support. You can see the cake in my gallery! Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%