Pet Peeve About Cakes On Tv/movies As Background

Lounge By VentureSister Updated 11 Aug 2011 , 5:30pm by VentureSister

VentureSister Posted 8 Aug 2011 , 6:02pm
post #1 of 13

It drives me nuts when I see a cake on tv or in the movies and it is there for background purposes and they never give a decent shot of the cake. All you see is it blury in the background. Commercials are one of the worst offenders. If it happens in a movie or a show I am watching, it ruins the rest of the movie/show because I still stuck on the cake that they didn't show.
Am I crazy? Does anyone else have this same issue? icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif

12 replies
vtcake Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 12:49am
post #2 of 13

that's a bit crazy, yeah, and I'm only saying that in a crazy cake-loving way.

TinkerCakes Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 1:12am
post #3 of 13

I do the same thing!!! icon_smile.gif

VentureSister Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 2:11am
post #4 of 13

There is one particular commercial that is set at a wedding and I rant everytime it comes on. My boyfriend will change the channel quickly to head off the crazy that he will hear. Poor guy puts up with so much. icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif

SammieB Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 4:30am
post #5 of 13

I totally know where you're coming from. My husband and I are both the same way. When I sold high end appliances/plumbing I would look at every house in every sitcom or movie. "That's a Kohler 2210-47, or a Caxton in Almond" "That's a Duravit blahbity blah bla, we have those shipped in from Germany" "Oooh, I so want that Subzero triple zone wine refrigerator!". He is the tech geek. "See that phone that guy is holding? Samsung Epic. Releasing in 2 weeks."

Now that I'm a stay at home mom, it's all about the cakes. We pause tv for cakes and gadgetry.

gidgetdoescakes Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 4:43am
post #6 of 13

lol it doesnt ruin the rest of the movie for me, but i do comment about the cake, or dang I wish you could see it better haha.........so I be crazy with ya

step0nmi Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 4:49am
post #7 of 13

*raises hand* I'm crazy! icon_lol.gif

actually, i'm getting a little peeved about the amount of cakes being shown now days. I know that sounds weird, but it is a growing trend and I feel like with media including them into the shows it's glamorizing them a little more (maybe a good thing?) like in the new movie Crazy Stupid Love they show a big banana cake for a nick-name of the character...I was like UGH, the cake was huge and it was only a table of 6. i dunno what my problem is icon_lol.gif

step0nmi Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 4:50am
post #8 of 13

*raises hand* I'm crazy! icon_lol.gif

actually, i'm getting a little peeved about the amount of cakes being shown now days. I know that sounds weird, but it is a growing trend and I feel like with media including them into the shows it's glamorizing them a little more (maybe a good thing?) like in the new movie Crazy Stupid Love they show a big banana cake for a nick-name of the character...I was like UGH, the cake was huge and it was only a table of 6. i dunno what my problem is icon_lol.gif

QTCakes1 Posted 11 Aug 2011 , 1:02am
post #9 of 13

That only thing that really peaves me with cakes on t.v. is the cake shows. I WISH THEY WOULD SHOW THE PRICES OF THEIR CAKES, SERIOUSLY!!!!!! Okay, thanks for letting me put that out there. It would make life easier for me if they did though. And ya, ya'll are a little crazy! icon_biggrin.gif

indydebi Posted 11 Aug 2011 , 3:16am
post #10 of 13

I used to work in a casket manufacturing company. A CREMATION CASKET company at that.

you should see me at funerals, or during funeral scenes in movies/tv. icon_redface.gificon_rolleyes.gif

VentureSister Posted 11 Aug 2011 , 3:58am
post #11 of 13

qtcakes- That drives me nuts too. Have you seen Fabulous Cakes yet? They always give prices even on the cakes that are made for charity they give what the price would have been.
debi- You crack me up and never cease to surprise me.

QTCakes1 Posted 11 Aug 2011 , 3:33pm
post #12 of 13

Actually, I have never seen Fanulous Cakes. For some reason I always seem to miss it. But ALL the cake shows need to say price!

VentureSister Posted 11 Aug 2011 , 5:30pm
post #13 of 13

I agree. They need to show price and give the actual time it took to make the cake. Had some family that was clueless on how long it takes to do a cake. They know now icon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gif .

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%