How Do I Change Over?

Decorating By platinumlady Updated 8 Aug 2011 , 7:22pm by platinumlady

platinumlady Posted 8 Aug 2011 , 4:24pm
post #1 of 4

I'm trying to figure a good way to make a switch. I use some all scratch recipes, some recipes that are mostly scratch but may call for one box of Cake Mix & some doctored recipes. I am wanting to go all or majority scratch recipes

My concern is that I rent a commercial kitchen and Right now I only go out there when I have orders. I don't have a large profit margin as of yet. I know I would have to have someone taste the recipes, but I don't feel comfortable doing that at home since I've learned what I have about food safety. Can someone give me tips on how I maybe able to do this. I'm thinking about going to culinary school. I learned how to bake from family growing up. People so far love my cakes & the way they taste. I'm scared they won't like them once I switch... However, I know that it will be less expensive to bake scratch recipes.

One favor...please please please don't turn this into a scratch vs. box debate. I'm literally wanting to know the best way to switch over & least expensive way if there is such a thing. icon_wink.gif

Thank you all in advance

3 replies
leah_s Posted 8 Aug 2011 , 4:48pm
post #2 of 4

Since you wouldn't be selling these cakes, there's no reason why you can't bake some test cakes at home and ask friends fto sample.

maisyone2 Posted 8 Aug 2011 , 4:50pm
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

Since you wouldn't be selling these cakes, there's no reason why you can't bake some test cakes at home and ask friends fto sample.

Ditto

platinumlady Posted 8 Aug 2011 , 7:22pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you Leah_s and maisyone2

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%