How Do I Change Over?

Decorating By platinumlady Updated 8 Aug 2011 , 7:22pm by platinumlady

platinumlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
platinumlady Posted 8 Aug 2011 , 4:24pm
post #1 of 4

I'm trying to figure a good way to make a switch. I use some all scratch recipes, some recipes that are mostly scratch but may call for one box of Cake Mix & some doctored recipes. I am wanting to go all or majority scratch recipes

My concern is that I rent a commercial kitchen and Right now I only go out there when I have orders. I don't have a large profit margin as of yet. I know I would have to have someone taste the recipes, but I don't feel comfortable doing that at home since I've learned what I have about food safety. Can someone give me tips on how I maybe able to do this. I'm thinking about going to culinary school. I learned how to bake from family growing up. People so far love my cakes & the way they taste. I'm scared they won't like them once I switch... However, I know that it will be less expensive to bake scratch recipes.

One favor...please please please don't turn this into a scratch vs. box debate. I'm literally wanting to know the best way to switch over & least expensive way if there is such a thing. icon_wink.gif

Thank you all in advance

3 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 8 Aug 2011 , 4:48pm
post #2 of 4

Since you wouldn't be selling these cakes, there's no reason why you can't bake some test cakes at home and ask friends fto sample.

maisyone2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maisyone2 Posted 8 Aug 2011 , 4:50pm
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

Since you wouldn't be selling these cakes, there's no reason why you can't bake some test cakes at home and ask friends fto sample.

Ditto

platinumlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
platinumlady Posted 8 Aug 2011 , 7:22pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you Leah_s and maisyone2

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%