Masonite Cake Boards

Decorating By EZSweetShop Updated 8 Aug 2011 , 2:08pm by Kiddiekakes

EZSweetShop Posted 8 Aug 2011 , 1:57pm
post #1 of 2

I tried using the search feature but get error messages more often than not so I figured I'd ask away!

For those of you who use masonite cake boards: Do you buy them (online, in a cake supply store) or make them yourself out of home center sheets? Are they expensive? Do you ask for them back or just include it in the price?

I'm not too comfortable with the flimsy cardboard cake rounds or even the Wilton 1" silver boards and as thinking of trying masonite boards but wanted some advice before I waste money/time one way or the other.

Many thanks as usual for the help you all are always so willing to give!

1 reply
Kiddiekakes Posted 8 Aug 2011 , 2:08pm
post #2 of 2

You can purchase them a home hardware stores and have them cut the sheets into quarters so it is easier to take home...You will have to cut out the circles etc by jigsaw though...Build the board into the cake price or charge a deposit and when/if they return the board they get their deposit back.If it is a wedding cake I would just add it to the cost as many times the bride is away and family members forget or venues throw out the boards and you never get them back anyways.It can be pricey though if you plan on using masonite for every cake so you'll have to decide which cakes. to use them and others you can make due with cardboard.HTH.

Quote by @%username% on %date%