Fat Daddio's Red Fondant Mat

Decorating By kearniesue Updated 8 Aug 2011 , 8:15pm by kearniesue

kearniesue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kearniesue Posted 8 Aug 2011 , 1:50pm
post #1 of 4

Hi everyone!

So, I bought Fat Daddio's red fondant mat, and the first few times, it was great! After that, it seems that no matter what I do, EVERYTHING sticks to it! Does anyone else have this issue? I'm just wondering if I need to season it somehow, or if there is some trick to it. Any ideas?

Oh, and I'm using MMF and washing the mat with soap and water and letting it air dry...

Thanks,

Karen

3 replies
Sweetestdreamcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweetestdreamcakes Posted 8 Aug 2011 , 2:35pm
post #2 of 4

I have one as well, and to say the least, I have no been pleased. The first time i used it, I used gelatin based fondant and I stuck like glue. I couldn;t hardly rip it off. I tried to use the same fondant on my other mat after prying it off of Fat Daddios and it stuck. I finally trashed that batch and started over but did not use the Fat Daddios mat on that one ( used my older Silicon mat) and it worked fine. Fast Forward a few weeks. Made MMF fondant and tried it on the Fat Daddios. Like glue again. ripped it off and used my old smaller silicon mat and it worked fine.... I havn't been able to make it work yet. I've tried corn starch, powdered sugar and my usual smearing of the crisco on the mat and rolling pin and nothing has stopped the stickage to that particular mat. thumbsdown.gif

kearniesue Posted 8 Aug 2011 , 2:45pm
post #3 of 4

Ugh, that's not good! I hate wasting money...
Does anyone else have suggestions? I think I may just see about sending it back and check into getting 'the mat' instead.

kearniesue Posted 8 Aug 2011 , 8:15pm
post #4 of 4

So does anyone else use this with success? What's the secret?

Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%