Need Help Makeing Figures

Decorating By VizayCakes Updated 8 Aug 2011 , 2:22pm by imagenthatnj

VizayCakes Posted 8 Aug 2011 , 12:51pm
post #1 of 5

hi, i need to make some lil ducks for on a cake. i have never done it befor so i am wondering in you could just make em out of the ready to roll stuff, or if i should mix up some of the royal icing???? any help will be awsome, thanx icon_smile.gif

4 replies
Moovaughan Posted 8 Aug 2011 , 1:10pm
post #2 of 5

Mix gumpaste (the instructions are on the packaging) with your fondant and then play play play with your edible playdough!

VizayCakes Posted 8 Aug 2011 , 1:23pm
post #3 of 5

is gumpast and royal icing the same thing?....and u say mix that with my that the ready to roll icing?....i am VERY new to all this lol

LisaPeps Posted 8 Aug 2011 , 2:07pm
post #4 of 5

RTR is fondant for covering cakes

Royal Icing is piped or used as cake coating

Gumpaste is for modelling

You can make gumpaste out of the packet (Wilton does a packet mix), from scratch or add tylose/cmc/gum tragacanth to fondant (RTR)

Quote by @%username% on %date%