Pregnant Belly Cake Pricing.......

Decorating By mudderteresa Updated 9 Aug 2011 , 1:30am by mudderteresa

mudderteresa Posted 8 Aug 2011 , 12:32am
post #1 of 4

I am doing a pregnant belly cake for a lady and just using the sports ball pan for the boobs and a bigger for the belly and i am covering it in mmf...i hope. i've never worked with it befor. my question is how much would yall charge for this? what if there was just buttercream star piping?is that gonna look like crap? any feedback is appreciated icon_smile.gif

3 replies
Kiddiekakes Posted 8 Aug 2011 , 12:52am
post #2 of 4

I consider a pregnant belly cake a 3D cake so I charge $5.00 a serving for my 3D cakes...You can do it in BC if you like but fondant makes it look more real...The sport ball pan may be too big for the breasts..You might want to try the mini ball pan or the wondermold pan for the breasts and then a half soccer ball for the belly.It will look more proportional.

Ashleyssweetdesigns Posted 8 Aug 2011 , 12:54am
post #3 of 4

I'm working on one myself, however I'm carving it from 12 inch square layers. If your carving the cake then you should charge accordingly. Usually carved cakes are more expensive per slice. I charge 2.50 per slice for my fondant cakes but for a carved cake regardless if bc or fondant covered I charge 3.00 per slice. If your using the ball pans for it and not carving then I would say charge per slice for how many people it's supposed to feed. HTH

mudderteresa Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 1:30am
post #4 of 4

thank yall so much for all your help!

Quote by @%username% on %date%