Hi, I bought a red silicone giant cupcake mould a couple of months ago (bought in the UK) and to be honest i've nearly given up with it!
I've tried a simple sponge mix (marg, sugar, flour, eggs) greased the tin
and . . . . . it comes out broken
I've tried a bought sponge mix, greased the tin and . . . . it comes out broken
I've tried greasing it with marg, cooking fat, flour, a non stick spray. . . .
and guess what . . . . it comes out broken
Does anyone else have this problem? What is the mixture they use on the advert for it, cement???
Any help is appreciated, thanks.
Maybe it is the type of cake you are using ? when I did these on my son's birthday, I just used Duncan Hines chocolate fudge mixes.. Kids don't care if it's mix or scratch.. since it is silicone, let it cool completely.. did it break because it got stuck ? or break because it was somewhat too soft.. I have that same exact mold you have..
Hi, thanks for the reply
The first time I tried it, I used a sponge recipe from scratch, I let it cool for about 15 minutes, and the cake broke when I took it out and it was still quite hot, and greasy because the marg soaked into the cake, I had used marg to grease it.
Second time I tried a sponge mix, I greased it with a non stick spray, let it cool and the sponge mix was worse! the whole bottom of the cake was still in the bottom of the pan!
Third time, made sponge mix from scratch again, put flour in the mould this time and let it cool for about half an hour, and still broke.
do you think the key is using a heavier fudgy mix or a chocolate mix?
what do you think is the best to grease it with?
have you tried Bakers Joy spray ? or the one made by Wiltons that also comes in a white spray can.. Pam also has one made espcially for baking cakes or cupcakes.. good luck.
Ok I'll try some different mixes and sprays, thanks