? About Homemade Fondant

Baking By goeasycakes Updated 7 Aug 2011 , 1:53am by sugarandstuff

goeasycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goeasycakes Posted 7 Aug 2011 , 1:34am
post #1 of 2

I made some chocolate MMF the other night and went to use it last night but had alot of trouble with it. It was really crumbly and I worked it for about 20 mins before I gave up and just used some other stuff I had on hand. My question is, I need chocolate MMF for a cake I'm doing on Tuesday, is there anything I can do to fix the fondant I already have?

I've made the same recipe a few times before and never had any problems. The only thing I changed this time was I didn't add as much cocoa and I was a teensy bit short on the lemon juice. Everything else was the same, except the tempterature in the house. The last two times I made this recipe were in the winter and early spring so it wasn't so stinkin' hot and humid outsideicon_smile.gif

This is the recipe I used:

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/3193/rhondas-ultimate-chocolate-mmfws..

Thanks!

1 reply
sugarandstuff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarandstuff Posted 7 Aug 2011 , 1:53am
post #2 of 2

I've never had much luck making chocolate, black or red fondant, although I do make all others. Ifit is crumbly,it sounds like you need more Crisco - start out by just adding some to your hands and the counter top and working it a little. I would also try adding some tylose powder or gum paste to what you have to get it to a stable state.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%