Pricing For Guitar Cakes?

Decorating By LorienSkye Updated 6 Aug 2011 , 2:52pm by Darthburn

LorienSkye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LorienSkye Posted 6 Aug 2011 , 2:11pm
post #1 of 3

Since opening my business a couple of months ago, I've had multiple inquiries about guitar cakes. Since I have never made one, I had to estimate what I considered a fair price based on how many hours decorating time I thought it would take, etc. I just completed my first one ( full-sized scale replica of a Gibson Les Paul model electric guitar) and I am now re-considering what I may charge for this type of cake in the future. It took me about 8 hrs. To complete an frankly was a pain in the tush to get the details right, but I do think it came out pretty well. Anyone care to share what you charge/would charge for this type of cake? Thanks for any input!

2 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 6 Aug 2011 , 2:15pm
post #2 of 3

I charge $5.00 a serving for 3D cakes...but I also state on my website that the final cost is up to me based on design...

Darthburn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Darthburn Posted 6 Aug 2011 , 2:52pm
post #3 of 3

This is sort of off topic, but I'm wanting to make the same cake for fun. I had some ideas about how I want to do it, but was curious if you had pictures or could type some instructions of what you did? Maybe inbox me with it. Do you have pics? Was it to scale? I'm so excited to find out!! icon_smile.gif
Thank you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%