Help! Filling Disaster... Cakes Due Tomorro!

Baking By Foolhardyheroes Updated 6 Aug 2011 , 5:08am by steffla

Foolhardyheroes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Foolhardyheroes Posted 6 Aug 2011 , 4:44am
post #1 of 3

Hey everyone. I have a cake that's due tomorrow by 1 o'clock and she wanted a chocolate cake with a nutella filling.. easy enough. I was going to whip the nutella with whipped cream. Ive done that before and it tasted delicious. and worked perfectly as a cake filling.

HOWEVER this party is going to be outside in august in southern California (for those of you unaware... it will be about 100 degrees tomorrow) and the cake will be sitting for about 3 hours before its served... so i began to second guess myself using a dairy product like whipped cream at an outside birthday party for kids. so i looked online and several people said mixing buttercream with the nutella tasted delcious!

.... well..... they were wrong.. because it turned into this molding chocolate type dough! and now im going to have to run to the store.. and get some MORE nutella but now i dont know what i should use as a filler!? any suggestions. that are sure fire and easy!? please .. anyone this is due tomorro and i gotta get that cake covered asap! Thanks to ANYONE has suggestions!!

2 replies
heather208 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heather208 Posted 6 Aug 2011 , 4:59am
post #2 of 3

I have mixed it with a shortening buttercream before and it turned out fine...however my buttercream had milk in it and i thinned it out a little more than normal before mixing it. It turned into a little bit thicker but spreadable filling. What is your buttercream recipe?

steffla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steffla Posted 6 Aug 2011 , 5:08am
post #3 of 3

You can mix it with so e chocolate ganache, positively delicious!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%