Quick Answer Needed: Shugarshack's Buttercream

Decorating By Pebbles1727 Updated 6 Aug 2011 , 8:15pm by Bugaboo_Bakery

Pebbles1727 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pebbles1727 Posted 6 Aug 2011 , 12:20am
post #1 of 7

Hi Everyone,
I have a quick question and hope someone can answer quickly. I usually don't have buttercream left but after last week's I've had quite a bit left. So my buttercream is now a week old. It looks and tastes fine, can I still use it or will it be best to make a new batch?
Thanks, P

6 replies
Pebbles1727 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pebbles1727 Posted 6 Aug 2011 , 12:31am
post #2 of 7

Anyone?

mo_gateaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mo_gateaux Posted 6 Aug 2011 , 12:45am
post #3 of 7

i've kept sugarshack's buttercream for much more than a week in the fridge and it's been fine. My understanding is that because there's no dairy, there shouldn't be any reason that it would go bad, not to mention, doesn't the sugar act as a preservative?
In short, yes, you're fine to use it.

patjobes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patjobes Posted 6 Aug 2011 , 3:07pm
post #4 of 7

it should be fine as there is no dairy product in it so it should keep in the fridge for a good while, i had some left over and put it on cup cakes 12 days after and it was still fine hth

MadMillie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MadMillie Posted 6 Aug 2011 , 3:39pm
post #5 of 7

It will be fine. I asked the same question awhile back and Sharon answered that it would be fine. Mine had been in a storage container on the counter for over a month. I served it to my family before she responded and no one fell ill. I've tried finding the post but CC want let me go back, the page doesn't exist. You can always email her, she responds very quickly. However, I'm sure she is in Charlotte this weekend.

solascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
solascakes Posted 6 Aug 2011 , 4:07pm
post #6 of 7

It'll be fine, I always use her buttercream and i've had it for much longer.

Bugaboo_Bakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bugaboo_Bakery Posted 6 Aug 2011 , 8:15pm
post #7 of 7

Most of my deliveries are on weekends so I make a batch of icing on Friday, use it Fri, Sat, and Sun. Then I save the leftovers to use in whoopie pies on to sell at farmer's market on Thrs. I keep mine in the fridge and it always perfect. I actually think it tastes better a few days after making it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%