What Kind Of Liners Are Best And Where To Buy?

Baking By CupcakeQT82 Updated 13 Aug 2011 , 1:38am by scp1127

CupcakeQT82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CupcakeQT82 Posted 5 Aug 2011 , 6:45pm
post #1 of 7

So, I have a wedding in two weeks for cupcakes, white cake, white icing, but haven't yet discussed with the bride the color of liners. In your opinions, what are the best type of liners and where to buy? TIA!

6 replies
crumbcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crumbcake Posted 5 Aug 2011 , 7:17pm
post #2 of 7

Most liners will show the color of the cake through, so most wedding cupcakes are done in the silver foil, or white liner and then place that into a liner that has not been baked it. This option gives you unlimited choices, or a cupcake sleeve is placed around the baked cupcake. There are so many beautiful sleeves that would be great for a wedding. Keep in mind, the last two options do increase your costs.

creativethoughts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
creativethoughts Posted 5 Aug 2011 , 8:02pm
post #3 of 7

you can get grease proof liners that do should not show the cake color through them. They come in brown and other colors as well! you can order them from the bakers kitchen, amazon and other sights, just Google them.

CupcakeQT82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CupcakeQT82 Posted 5 Aug 2011 , 9:27pm
post #4 of 7

So, do liners require you to bake the cupcakes sans the wrapper in the cupcake pan and then you just wrap the liners around after baking? Sounds good to me! Where are good places to get these?

aprilismaius Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aprilismaius Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 3:24pm
post #5 of 7

CupcakeQT82, on CC you'll see us refer to liners, baking cups, cupcake papers, and they are all the same thing. Just bake like normal in the greaseproof liners. I buy my greaseproof papers/liners/cups from viking importing.

CakeMom5001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMom5001 Posted 12 Aug 2011 , 2:58pm
post #6 of 7

I need HELP! I am baking 100 mini-cupcakes for a friend (party on Sunday after Church) and I tried new cupcake liners (cupcake creations - mini) and they look great --- however after sitting for about 10 mins the liners pulled away from the edges. I don't have this problem with my regular size cupcakes (use wilton or michael's brand wrappers) - is it the cupcake creation liners? I love the size and color and the fact I can bake them on a sheet tray. HELP -- the only other mini's I have used are the reynolds baking cups (liners) but they really aren't very pretty to use for a bridal shower.

THANKS!

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 13 Aug 2011 , 1:38am
post #7 of 7

I second Bakers Kitchen for quality. Not cheap.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%