Finished Cake..pics Inside

Decorating By krumbledkakes Updated 5 Aug 2011 , 9:09pm by krumbledkakes

krumbledkakes Posted 5 Aug 2011 , 6:33pm
post #1 of 9

I made my sister a 'bon voyage' cake (even though I gave up on piping that on) and broke the pink poodle I made. I'm a little disappointed, nothing really came out how I wanted it to and I worked so long and hard on this cake icon_sad.gif
I can see every flaw, fondant didn't wanna play along with me this morning. Every bump that I didn't smooth out, etc. I know my family will never pay attn to these things but I still wanted to turn out a 'flaw free' cake. Oh well, I'm way better than I was when I first started, so practice practice practice i guess icon_razz.gif

Here are the poodles:

Here's the cake without the pink poodle:

And here it is after I improvised:

I thought it would be kinda funny since she's getting married and that's why she's moving out of state. So I found a jewelry box and tissue paper

8 replies
rosa369 Posted 5 Aug 2011 , 6:43pm
post #2 of 9

I think it comes out nice!! The jewelry box was a nice touch.

rosa369 Posted 5 Aug 2011 , 6:44pm
post #3 of 9

I think it came out nice!! The jewelry box was a nice touch.

AnnieCahill Posted 5 Aug 2011 , 6:50pm
post #4 of 9

I have the book with that cake! I wanted to do that! You did an excellent job. I like the jewelry box too.

krumbledkakes Posted 5 Aug 2011 , 6:54pm
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieCahill

I have the book with that cake! I wanted to do that! You did an excellent job. I like the jewelry box too.

OMG I loooovvve her books!! So cute and I love that she really shows you how to do things, instead of just throwing it out there. I really enjoyed doing all of the run outs, but the stupid fondant just was not working with me this morning. Thanks icon_smile.gif

crumbcake Posted 5 Aug 2011 , 7:25pm
post #6 of 9

Isn't it funny how we only see our flaws, sometimes I think I should just keep quite, instead of pointing them out. It's something we all do, but we learn from our mistakes. I read here this: You control the cake, the cake does not control you! (LOL) So, on the last cake I made, with some "flaws" and problems, I kept repeating to myself, "I control you, you don't control me." It helped. Your cake looks very nice, and that's a difficult one to make.

chrisviz Posted 5 Aug 2011 , 7:26pm
post #7 of 9

Soooooo, what book? icon_wink.gif

augurey Posted 5 Aug 2011 , 8:43pm
post #8 of 9

I think that it looks absolutely adorable! Are the poodles chocolate? If not, what did you use on them?

krumbledkakes Posted 5 Aug 2011 , 9:09pm
post #9 of 9

The book is Simply Spectacular Cakes by Peggy Porschen, I also have her other one - Pretty Party Cakes

Thank you guys, definately boosted my confidence icon_smile.gif

The poodles are what the author calls run outs. Its soft peak royal icing for the outlines, and runny royal icing in the middle (flooding)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%