Arrrgghhh! Help!

Decorating By karencuppycake Updated 5 Aug 2011 , 4:01am by Bluehue

karencuppycake Posted 5 Aug 2011 , 3:39am
post #1 of 2

About a week ago I started working on my entry for a wedding cake competition in my new cake room (Aircond) @ Port Dickson, Malaysia (We just moved here from Kuala Lumpur, my cakes didn't melt like this over there no matter how hard it poured but they did get a very little bit soft.).
I have completed about 4 tiers and the cake board altogether, yesterday it poured for the whole day so i didnt bother working and I just did a quick check today only to find that my monochrome free hand piping (With 00, 0 and 1 PME tip. It was VERY tiring.) tiers and cake board had grown some sort of yeast (?) thing, the black RI was running down the sides and my fondant mosaic tier was as sticky as icing and the sharp corners of the "mosaic tiles" were sticky and err... not sharp. My stained glass tier that I had piped with a #1 tip and painted with SK paint was a brown sewer like mess on my turn table and my 10 life sized english roses were a pile of gumpaste gunk.
AND I left my air cond on for taht whole wet day... And of course the night before everything was rock hard already.

My eyes are now probably very red and puffy from crying nonstop... (I am sorry if it's hard to understand my post...)
I think I should just quit.
But if you could help me in ANY way PLEASSE do.

Karen, 13

1 reply
Bluehue Posted 5 Aug 2011 , 4:01am
post #2 of 2

Irkkkkk - my eyes wold be red and pouffy too....you poor thing.

Any chance you can get a colunm heater in that room asap - an oil one?
Absolutely brillante for keeping the moisture OUT and keeping the air dry.
I have to use mine when summer comes due to the high humidty here in Perth.

I just keep it on Low and it works a treat.

This is the kind i am talking about - no fire risk - no smell - no fumes - - again i say - absolutely brillante.

Dimplex make the best heater - http://www.google.com.au/search?tbm=isch&hl=en&source=hp&biw=1024&bih=652&q=Dimplex+oil+colunm+heaters&gbv=2&oq=Dimplex+oil+colunm+heaters&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=s&gs_upl=0l0l0l864l0l0l0l0l0l0l0l0ll0l0

Even a humidifyer wouldn't cut it as like yiu the humidity where we both live is horrendous.

Bluehue

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%