How Do I Get This Effect On A Cake? Thanks!

Decorating By Donnabugg Updated 6 Aug 2011 , 6:05pm by fondantgrl

Donnabugg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Donnabugg Posted 5 Aug 2011 , 12:35am
post #1 of 11

Hi everyone. Hoping someone can tell me how I could achieve this look...thanks for your help.

Hmmm..Can't get picture to attach??

http://thumbp9-bf1.thumb.mail.yahoo.com/tn?sid=2001999658&mid=ANDSi2IAAActTjhgYgMIIxgJky4&midoffset=1_5382&partid=3&f=1620&fid=Inbox

10 replies
vgray Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vgray Posted 5 Aug 2011 , 12:47am
post #2 of 11

When I click the link it says forbidden??

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 5 Aug 2011 , 12:48am
post #3 of 11

Sorry your link does not work. Can you put the pic in your photo gallery making sure you mention it is not your pic and only there until you get help on how to do it.

Donnabugg Posted 5 Aug 2011 , 1:48am
post #4 of 11

okey dokey...reposted under my pics This site is so quirky sometimes lol

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 5 Aug 2011 , 3:00am
post #5 of 11

I did one like that here

http://www.spdak.com/web%20galleries/wedding/wgc_media/source/Playful%20Bands.JPG

This one is SMBC that I hardened up in the fridge then the stripes are fondant sausages that I placed directly on. It's really an easy technique since it's kinda free form.

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 5 Aug 2011 , 3:08am
post #6 of 11

Nice cake KoryAK! I was going to say, I thought it was a white on white version of this

or similarly done like these

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 5 Aug 2011 , 3:14am
post #7 of 11

like this!

Donnabugg Posted 6 Aug 2011 , 3:08am
post #8 of 11

If not too much trouble would you mind giving me more details on how to do it? Especially the bottom few as I think that's more of what the client is looking for. Btw, these are beautiful!!

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 6 Aug 2011 , 4:09am
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakeladi

Sorry your link does not work. Can you put the pic in your photo gallery making sure you mention it is not your pic and only there until you get help on how to do it.

The attachment to software isn't working, but there are other ways to add a photo to a post (please see below). icon_smile.gif

However, the guidelines for using the galleries hasn't changed - only photos of your own cakes are allowed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coral3

The attachment function on CC doesn't work.

If you want a photo to show up in your post, here's how:

First upload the photo into an online photo site like Photobucket (getting a photobucket account is easy and FREE) then just copy the photo's image code (IMG Code) from photobucket and paste it into your post (on a line by itself, so it doesn't have any other text or punctuation against it). Then when you hit 'submit comment' the photo will display in the thread. Easy.

Photobucket is here: http://photobucket.com/

I'm pretty sure you can also use Flickr like this too - just look for the image code (IMG code) and copy and paste it.

conchita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
conchita Posted 6 Aug 2011 , 4:35am
post #10 of 11

icon_smile.gif

fondantgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantgrl Posted 6 Aug 2011 , 6:05pm
post #11 of 11

I made this with white modeling chocolate for my entry at the State Fair.. Guittard CHocolate Passion competition... everything you see here is white modeling chocolate

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%