Eat Me Cake Ideas Anyone??

Decorating By Chala86 Updated 5 Aug 2011 , 2:36pm by Chala86

Chala86 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chala86 Posted 4 Aug 2011 , 4:54pm
post #1 of 5

So, I just managed to find a recipe for a drink me potion from Alice in Wonderland - recreated by Heston Blumenthal. I want to make Alice in Wonderland style Eat Me cakes to go with the potion. As Lewis Carroll doesn't give a description of the flavours in the book I have free reign over what it tastes like.
The Drink Me potion should end up tasting like cherry tart, custard, pineapple, roast turkey, toffee and hot buttered toast. Does anyone have any ideas for flavours for the cakes and how I might have several flavours in one cake without them combining? Hope that makes sense...
Look forward to any suggestions you may have.

4 replies
hammer1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hammer1 Posted 4 Aug 2011 , 5:07pm
post #2 of 5

How about torting several flavors of cake and stacking alternately....kind of like neopolitan ice cream....pretty when cut and tasty.

Chala86 Posted 4 Aug 2011 , 9:25pm
post #3 of 5

That could work icon_smile.gif
Any ideas for flavour combinations? I really want to put popping candy in there somewhere but have no idea for the actual flavours.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 5 Aug 2011 , 12:34pm
post #4 of 5

I love projects like that. The different layers sounds great. Try different fillings too. The only thing I can think of to add is to have the cake compliment the drink. Could the drink be brushed onto a white or yellow cake for one flavor to tie in?

Chala86 Posted 5 Aug 2011 , 2:36pm
post #5 of 5

Now that's an idea - a cake with turkey and hot buttered toast lol I could definately give it a go and see how it comes out. Will let you know how it goes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%