No Topper Wedding Cakes

Decorating By grama_j Updated 11 Aug 2011 , 12:39am by mareg

grama_j Posted 4 Aug 2011 , 2:46pm
post #1 of 11

I'm trying to find pictures of wedding cakes with no toppers...... it seems no matter what I type into the search engine it shows JUST cakes with toppers...... My bride is changing her mind and may not want a topper... I want to see a couple and see if they are pleasing to the eye...... I've never done one.....

10 replies
DianeLM Posted 4 Aug 2011 , 6:01pm
post #3 of 11

Here's one I did recently. There actually was a floral topper, but I thought it looked better without.

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2107609

I've seen many cakes that would look good without the topper. Have you tried looking at pictures and just putting your finger over the topper? icon_smile.gif You could also copy pics into your photo editor and just crop out the topper.

vgray Posted 4 Aug 2011 , 11:16pm
post #4 of 11

O my DianeLM, that is beautiful!

pastrygirls Posted 4 Aug 2011 , 11:35pm
post #5 of 11

there are a few pics in my photos that dont have toppers. but i agree with diane, just put ur finger over the topper to see how it looks.

grama_j Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 3:14pm
post #7 of 11

Thank you for all your answers......... for some reason, I didn't get my notice in the e-mail that anyone had answered.......... She wants a REALLY simple cake....... I'm trying my best to get SOME decorations on there...... at one point, she said she didn't want ANY decorations..... no pearls, no ribbon,no design, just a plain white three tiered cake........ ( she is a niece) and at that point, I told her to get someone else....... All she wants is the SMALL three tier on the cake table, and enough kitchen cakes to feed 350......... FINALLY got her to agree to a dotted swiss, with pearls for the border............ VERY simple, but at least it will look like a wedding cake..... LOL!

mareg Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 5:05pm
post #8 of 11

Wow. DanielLM how did you do that beautiful design!!! Love the sparkles!!

DianeLM Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 7:11pm
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mareg

Thank you, Mare. I explained how I made it in the description under the picture. But, if you have additional questions, I'll be happy to answer them.

Oh, and I'm Diane, not Daniel. icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

KodiSnip Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 8:08pm
post #10 of 11

Wow! These are some awesome (and inspiring) cakes! icon_surprised.gifthumbs_up.gif

mareg Posted 11 Aug 2011 , 12:39am
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeLM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mareg

Thank you, Mare. I explained how I made it in the description under the picture. But, if you have additional questions, I'll be happy to answer them.

Oh, and I'm Diane, not Daniel. icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

OMG!!! Diane I'm sorry! I guess I replied too fast! You are VERY talented!!!!!
icon_redface.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%