Decorating By conchita Updated 6 Aug 2011 , 6:56pm by conchita

conchita Posted 4 Aug 2011 , 3:16am
post #1 of 10

were can I purchase the super gold metallic dust? I can't find it
pls help icon_smile.gif

9 replies
nanefy Posted 4 Aug 2011 , 2:10pm
post #2 of 10

It's actually real gold dust you are looking for. The gold lustres (well certainly the ones I've used) are not only not gold enough but when you try to paint with them they streak and are a nightmare to work with. I've asked a few bakers how they got that real gold look and the answer is.......real gold! If you look for edible 22 or 23 carat gold dust, that is the stuff you are looking for.

infinitsky Posted 4 Aug 2011 , 2:29pm
post #3 of 10

How about "Old Gold", it gives a really nice gold color and is much cheaper than the edible gold.
I only have one picture, look at the one in which I used the lusture dust old gold for stenciling and see if you like it (of course the flash is affecting the color a bit, but it was a really nice gold).
HTH

Pclorie58 Posted 4 Aug 2011 , 2:55pm
post #4 of 10

Hi, Cakecraf.net have a super gold highlighter, go to products on there web site. It is not edible but is made for cakes.

ReneeFLL Posted 4 Aug 2011 , 2:56pm
post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitsky

How about "Old Gold", it gives a really nice gold color and is much cheaper than the edible gold.
I only have one picture, look at the one in which I used the lusture dust old gold for stenciling and see if you like it (of course the flash is affecting the color a bit, but it was a really nice gold).
HTH

I only see a photo of cookies in you photos.

Pclorie58 Posted 4 Aug 2011 , 3:17pm
post #6 of 10

Hi, Cakecraf.net have a super gold highlighter, go to products on there web site. It is not edible but is made for cakes.

LisaPeps Posted 4 Aug 2011 , 3:21pm
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReneeFLL

Quote:

HTH

I think she means this one:

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1939190/2077186

infinitsky Posted 4 Aug 2011 , 5:33pm
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaPeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReneeFLL

Quote:

HTH

I think she means this one:

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1939190/2077186

Yes that's the one I am talking about. Thanks! icon_smile.gif

conchita Posted 6 Aug 2011 , 6:55pm
post #9 of 10
Quote:

HTH

wow thanks it looks pretty so you just painted the gold to the royal icing then the stencil? I like the colors red and gold icon_smile.gif

conchita Posted 6 Aug 2011 , 6:56pm
post #10 of 10

Thank you so much I will buy the old gold and try it

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%