Ideas For My Burfday :d

Decorating By ConfectionsCC Updated 6 Aug 2011 , 3:16pm by ljchevygirl

ConfectionsCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConfectionsCC Posted 4 Aug 2011 , 3:11am
post #1 of 8

I am wanting to try out some new techniques with either fondant or buttercream, but something I can do on a small scale, maybe one tier 6 or 8in??? Any ideas, photos, or tutorials ya'll would like to share! icon_lol.gif I went back and fourth in my head for about 2 weeks now on if I would make my own cake, or since its my birthday, hire someone else to do it and take a break lol! Decided its a great excuse to eat cake, and play with it too icon_biggrin.gif

7 replies
ConfectionsCC Posted 4 Aug 2011 , 5:11pm
post #2 of 8

No one!?!? what are some of your favorite techniques?? Share with me your favorites I want to try something new but I don't know what to do!! Please icon_biggrin.gif I just baked myself an 8in vanilla cake! I can bake more if I need to!!

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 4 Aug 2011 , 5:19pm
post #3 of 8

Why not a hot pink and black zebra number with a big feather ontop...and then you can sing happy birthday to yourself and say Yeah me!!

ForTheLoveOfFrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lili5768 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lili5768 Posted 4 Aug 2011 , 5:27pm
post #5 of 8

Like the roses cake idea too. If you've never done that one! i never have either but would love to know how yours turns out! icon_smile.gif

The roses cake is super romantic and soft. The zebra is wow and edgy so depends how you feel!!! icon_biggrin.gif

bakerliz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakerliz Posted 4 Aug 2011 , 5:36pm
post #6 of 8

I just did a rose cake and it was super fun! It's quick and easy and looks uber fancy. I made a gumpaste initial and cover it with sanding sugar for a glittery topper. It was fun icon_smile.gif

ConfectionsCC Posted 6 Aug 2011 , 2:45pm
post #7 of 8

I have done the rose cake!!! It was super cute and easy, did it for my anniversary cake, so I will have to think of something different for my birthday! thanks yall!

ljchevygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ljchevygirl Posted 6 Aug 2011 , 3:16pm
post #8 of 8

For my birthday cake, I said I was going to do something I wanted to try. I even thought about doing the pregnant belly cake, but we were taking it somewhere and my husband said he would not eat it. So I found the turtle cake I did in my pictures. I found it with fondant and said I was doing that one in fondant. Once again DH said he wouldn't eat that either so I did the turtle in buttercream. Tasted good but not exactly what I wanted. So he wanted a carved car cake for his birthday and he got the dragracing cake in my photos. He complained I didn't make him what he wanted, I said oh well. Eat your cake. I say look at pictures and see what you would really like to try.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%