Pineapple Cake?????

Baking By Cakin_4_life Updated 4 Aug 2011 , 1:38pm by caymancake

Cakin_4_life Posted 4 Aug 2011 , 2:44am
post #1 of 5

Okay so I have a request for a pineapple cake for a 5 tier wedding cake. So I tried to use a scratch yellow cake recipe with the lorann pineapple oil but it just wasn't right. It tasted "artificial" and flat like it was missing something. It had the pineapple flavor but it just tasted like candy or something, idk but if anyone has any ideas they would be much appreciated!!!
Keep in mind the 5 tier issue, I thought about using crushed pineapple but figured it would be too moist and heavy.

HELP!!!

4 replies
kakeladi Posted 4 Aug 2011 , 2:55am
post #2 of 5

Either use the crushed pineapple - one small can to each cake mix &/or use pineapple juice as the liquid in the recipe.

caymancake Posted 4 Aug 2011 , 3:01am
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakeladi

Either use the crushed pineapple - one small can to each cake mix &/or use pineapple juice as the liquid in the recipe.

I agree I usually do the above, and also add pineapple extract instead of vanilla. Have never used the oil flavoring before...but people rave about my pineapple cakes icon_smile.gif

Cakin_4_life Posted 4 Aug 2011 , 11:01am
post #4 of 5

Okay so you've used crushed pineapple and never had any issues with it being too heavy??

caymancake Posted 4 Aug 2011 , 1:38pm
post #5 of 5

No, to me it comes out lighter. Give it a try and see which one you like. That way you have a solid recipe that you're comfortable with.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%