Could You Take A Look, Please?

Decorating By andlydle Updated 4 Aug 2011 , 2:45am by srkmilklady

andlydle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andlydle Posted 4 Aug 2011 , 2:10am
post #1 of 6

So this is probably going to sound lame, but I was wondering if you you could take a look at my cake. I worked really hard on it and was very excited to do it for my daughter's 1st birthday. It's not perfect, but it's certainly the most complicated cake I've ever done.

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2113854

I wouldn't ask, but it's seriously only gotten 75 views since I posted it Sunday night. I know late at night isn't the best time to post, so I'm hoping that's the reason very few people have looked at it.

Basically what I'd like to achieve is some confirmation from other cake makers that I did a decent job. My friends and family think it's great, but sometimes they can be a bit bias.

5 replies
Cealy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cealy Posted 4 Aug 2011 , 2:18am
post #2 of 6

You did an awesome job!
No worries about how many have viewed it, when people are looking for ideas they will put in search terms and if they are searching for towers it will pop up so you will get more views as you go along!
Keep up the great job!
C

enoid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enoid Posted 4 Aug 2011 , 2:22am
post #3 of 6

You most certainly did a "decent job". Anyone would be proud to have that cake. Your daughter is one luck little girl to have such a talented mom.

yummy_in_my_tummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy_in_my_tummy Posted 4 Aug 2011 , 2:27am
post #4 of 6

VERY cute cake! I agree with the first response. A lot of people only click on something specific that they're looking for.

MrsBowtiy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsBowtiy Posted 4 Aug 2011 , 2:36am
post #5 of 6

I think it looks great and agree with the first response as well.

srkmilklady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
srkmilklady Posted 4 Aug 2011 , 2:45am
post #6 of 6

All of your cakes are great!! I have cakes that I've posted that I put a lot of hard work into and thought I'd get lots of comments on and got nothing! Then I have other cakes that I never thought anyone would like and I got several comments. There are a bunch of reasons such as our fellow CC'ers have already mentioned, could be timing that you post...might not be what someone is looking for at the time. But I've also had problems for the last couple of weeks viewing the "Most Saved Cakes Today" and the "Most recent photos" because of scrolling issues. It is frustrating so I don't bother anymore. I look at the first screen and don't go any further. It will be great if they ever get this site working 100% but I won't hold my breath.

When it comes down to it, if you're happy with your work and so is your client, whether it be family or friends or otherwise, that's all that matters. Keep up the good work!! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%