Looking For A Traditional Old Florida Cake Recipe.

Baking By hiccabee Updated 3 Aug 2011 , 10:01pm by Paperfishies

hiccabee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hiccabee Posted 3 Aug 2011 , 8:42pm
post #1 of 3

I am donating a cake for an event for the local historical society (in Florida). I am hoping this will drum up some business for me! I am wanting to make something that will kind of fit the occasion and be traditional and kind of impressive. I have seen a lot of recipes for and Orange Blossom Cake, but they are pretty much just a white cake mix with mandarin oranges and cool whip.... not so impressive...

Ideas PLEASE!!!

2 replies
Paperfishies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Paperfishies Posted 3 Aug 2011 , 9:56pm
post #2 of 3

I love old Florida! My husband is from Florida, his family is a Florida cracker family.

I would do a vanilla bean cake, once the cake is finished baking, while it's warm I would pour some Grand Marnier over it (orange liqueur)...For the filling and icing I would make a cream cheese frosting with some fresh tangerine juice and some Grand Marnier and fresh orange zest. Yum.

Paperfishies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Paperfishies Posted 3 Aug 2011 , 10:01pm
post #3 of 3

This also may be something memorable that will wow people...

Make chocolate orange cupcakes and bake the batter in hollowed out oranges. I was watching Cupcake wars yesterday and a guy on that cut large oranges in half, then scooped everything out and backed a chocolate orange cake inside of the hollowed out orange halves...you could top them with a Grand Marnier buttercream and fresh orange zest.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%