Help Designing Cake For The "perfect" Man!

Decorating By bluied101 Updated 4 Aug 2011 , 2:16am by angelleyes

bluied101 Posted 3 Aug 2011 , 7:27pm
post #1 of 5

HELP! I need help coming up with a design for a client. She would like a cake that reflects her (perfect sounding) brother. Below is her description of him:

"He is very musical and writes/reads a lot. He's well-spoken, somewhat well-travelled, and speaks a couple languages. He dresses nice--trendy and classy. He's very smart and witty, a new father, and enjoys board games and card games. He has bright blue eyes.

I kind of picture something sleek and stylish, yet masculine maybe with blues, purples, browns, and/or greens somewhere in there."

Ladies, I really need your help with ideas on how to do this cake!! Send me pictures or comment with ideas! I would be very appreciative!!

4 replies
badgersrise Posted 3 Aug 2011 , 7:55pm
post #2 of 5

You say that he likes board games - could you do a cake like a monopoly board or similar with items to do with his life in the spaces on the board, eg picture of passport, planes, baby (as new father) etc

bluied101 Posted 4 Aug 2011 , 1:52am
post #3 of 5

That's a great idea!

stormrider Posted 4 Aug 2011 , 2:10am
post #4 of 5

What about making the cake like a GQ magazine cover touting all the talents and hobbies of her brother. Maybe do a cartoon-like portrait or use icing image to save some time.

angelleyes Posted 4 Aug 2011 , 2:16am
post #5 of 5

I would get more info.. like what he likes to do in his off time.. bowling, golf etc... get a little more info

Quote by @%username% on %date%