Ny City Themed Cake

Decorating By Alana7 Updated 4 Aug 2011 , 5:16pm by ForTheLoveOfFrosting

Alana7 Posted 3 Aug 2011 , 5:46pm
post #1 of 3

any ideas for a NY themed cake? I'm thinking 2 tiered with the NY skyline on the side....and thats all I've got icon_sad.gif

I'm looking for something a little more unique/different to the one I have. TIA.

I was surprised at the limited number of NY themed cakes in cyberworld.....I googled, flickred, and binged.....nothing jumped out at me. And whats with the big brown bag and NY city? I guess I'm ignorant to all things NY, besides lady liberty and the brooklyn bridge. icon_redface.gif Only been there once and would love to visit again. thumbs_up.gif

Any New Yorkers out there who could give me some very unique aspects to the city that only a NYer would know?

2 replies
playingwithsugar Posted 4 Aug 2011 , 3:19am
post #2 of 3

If you're looking for a challenge, try doing a replica of the Guggenheim Museum.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

ForTheLoveOfFrosting Posted 4 Aug 2011 , 5:16pm
post #3 of 3

NY icons.... yellow checkered cabs, Big Apple, Statue of Liberty, Times Square, Empire State Building, Skyline, etc...

How about some abstract sky scrapers as the topper - atop an apple shaped cake with the skyline around it, or a tier of yellow checker, then a tier with the skyline around it, and either liberty or other buildings on top?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%