Superhero Figurines-Help!

Decorating By Shaunita Updated 3 Aug 2011 , 6:30pm by cherryred

Shaunita Posted 3 Aug 2011 , 6:55am
post #1 of 4

So I am supposed to make a superhero squad cake for a little boy's birthday coming up and I would love to try my hand with some figurines. The Superheros that will be included are Spiderman, Ironman, Captain America, and the Hulk.

Problem is, I have never really tried my hand at sculpting any 3D figurines and have no idea where to start! I would love ANY guidance at this point since I am at a lose as to where to start!

3 replies
Mandyjb74 Posted 3 Aug 2011 , 7:06am
post #2 of 4

i had the same problem a couple of weeks ago so i did the heads and some symbols have a look at my pictures it may help (hopefully lol)

jennifercullen Posted 3 Aug 2011 , 6:10pm
post #3 of 4

I would say find some YouTube tutorials on any kind of modelling, or Google how to make gumpaste iron man or something like that. If there's no tutorial for the ones you want, then you can pick up lots if tips from other model making, I think so anyway. I haven't done much modelling either, but what I tried I found easier after watching a few different things. I hope that makes sense!

cherryred Posted 3 Aug 2011 , 6:30pm
post #4 of 4

I've made batman and lego figures before. I watched a video on you tube how to make a basic figure and adapted it from that. Def worth getting a round ended modelling tool, very useful.

Quote by @%username% on %date%