Full Sheet Cake - Help

Decorating By BabyGSR Updated 2 Aug 2011 , 8:42pm by gfbakergirl88

BabyGSR Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BabyGSR Posted 2 Aug 2011 , 6:55pm
post #1 of 7

How big is a full sheet cake? I am baking a cake for my Aunt's wedding and she request a full sheet cake? I don't have a full sheet baking pan, all I have is 9x13. How would I make a full sheet out of that?

6 replies
Cakeuhlicious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeuhlicious Posted 2 Aug 2011 , 7:08pm
post #2 of 7

They're like 26 x 18? So roughly four 9 x 13's put together would probably work.

dmo4ab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dmo4ab Posted 2 Aug 2011 , 7:20pm
post #3 of 7

Just as a thought......You might want to clarify how many people she's serving or how big (dimensions) of a cake she really wants. A lot of people have a misconception of what a "full" sheet cake is. One 9x13 one layer cake serves 20-24, so a full sheet would serve about 100.

BabyGSR Posted 2 Aug 2011 , 7:27pm
post #4 of 7

Thanks Cakeuhlicious I think that might have to be it because I have no other way of doing it.

dmo4ab, there's going to be 200+ people there, I am only baking the Grooms cake, the Bride will have her own cake as well, and not sure how big her cake will be.

dmo4ab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dmo4ab Posted 2 Aug 2011 , 7:34pm
post #5 of 7

Make perfect sense then. Sorry, I didn't read closely enough to notice it was for a wedding. icon_redface.gif

BabyGSR Posted 2 Aug 2011 , 8:16pm
post #6 of 7

That's okay dmo4ab.

now my other question is, where can I buy a full sheet cake board? I'd called local stores like Hobby lobby and Party City and none has it. =(

gfbakergirl88 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gfbakergirl88 Posted 2 Aug 2011 , 8:42pm
post #7 of 7

if you can't find a cake board big enough for the cake. You could use a foam core board. You can find them in the art section at Michaels or Hobby lobby. Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%