Wilton Support System And Sps Users, Please Help!!

Decorating By jess605

jess605 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jess605 Posted 2 Aug 2011 , 4:33pm
post #1 of 1

Please realize that Im still somewhat of a stacked cake newbie, so this may be an obvious question. This is for my little guys 2nd birthday and I really want his cake to be perfect..

Im going to be converting to SPS, but dont have time to get the supplies before his cake this weekend. Im making a 2-tier (10in, 8in) cake. Ill be driving it to the location and setting it up once I get there.

I was thinking that, due to the warm temps, I might be better using the Wilton plastic rod and plate system than bubble straws and cardboard. Can anyone who uses the Wilton support system provide some insight on how to assemble it with the cake (SPS users you might know this too as the systems appear similar)?

This pic, similar to the wilton system, appears to show the cake base, bottom cake tier, plastic plate, cardboard plate (?), top cake tier.

http://www.bakingshop.com/weddingcakes/cakestand.htm

I thought the cake went right onto the plastic plate, but it looks like that isnt the case and it goes onto cardboard?

So, can anyone confirm that this is correct:

-frost bottom tier on cake board, insert plastic dowels flush with top of cake, place plastic plate (with the knob-thingys down) onto the dowels.

-Place second tier on cardboard and frost

-Place second tier (with cardboard) onto plastic plate sitting atop of bottom tier

-add border

Thank you!!

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%