What Kind Of Icing?

Baking By weidertm24 Updated 2 Aug 2011 , 6:06pm by Moovaughan

weidertm24 Posted 2 Aug 2011 , 4:12pm
post #1 of 7

Making a half sheet cake it's going to be chocolate cake with strawberry filling in one half and a custard filling in the other half, i'm kind of stuck on the kind of icing to use. I was going to do chocolate buttercream but then how do I decorate?

Thanks in advance.

6 replies
weidertm24 Posted 2 Aug 2011 , 5:07pm
post #2 of 7

anyone..?

Moovaughan Posted 2 Aug 2011 , 5:22pm
post #3 of 7

what is the event?

weidertm24 Posted 2 Aug 2011 , 5:25pm
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moovaughan

what is the event?

Birthday party. Kids birthday.

Moovaughan Posted 2 Aug 2011 , 5:40pm
post #5 of 7

Sorry to be a pain but: male or female, Age, any clue on favorite character? or hobby?

weidertm24 Posted 2 Aug 2011 , 5:50pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moovaughan

Sorry to be a pain but: male or female, Age, any clue on favorite character? or hobby?

haha its ok. umm female not sure on her age(it's for my boss's kid and i'm trying to figure out my recipes before I go to work today.) So i was just trying to see what kind of frosting to use then I was going to get those details.

Moovaughan Posted 2 Aug 2011 , 6:06pm
post #7 of 7

Do you ever do any fondant work cause zebra stripes are the big thing among girls right now... and neon colors. Of course you could do buttercream and then get those Duff sugar sheets (he has a zebra print) to put on it. So I would do white buttercream if your going buttercream. If you can do fondant go with a really wild neon pink, green, or blue with black zebra stripes.

Buttercream design:
On a rectangle cake a smooth coat of white buttercream, leave a blank spot in the middle an oval size about 6 inches, pipe black shell border and then the birthday girls name or her monogram inside the oval! the the rest of the cake would be cut zebra stripes sugar sheets with black shell border around the base.

Fondant design:
Hot pink or neon green layer of fondant over the entire rectangle cake, then do the same thing as above with regards to the oval, name, border and lay fondant zebra stripes around the rest of the cake outside the oval.

Hope that helps a bit!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%