To My Surprise

Decorating By tiptop57 Updated 3 Aug 2011 , 2:14am by Bluehue

tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 2 Aug 2011 , 1:58pm
post #1 of 5

Yesterday I picked up my two dummy cake fair entries. To my surprise everything but the Styrofoam and cake board had completely melted!

Unfortunately I didnt take any photos of them. So the soggy gumpaste Orchid and sticky present box with the wilted bow and my other entry of a brown globby mess of a basket weave vase with drooping Bird of Paradises and limp Bamboos shoots are now in my studio ready to be tore apart to reuse. Perhaps I should take a picture of the duo now as they are really funny looking. Too bad I flicked off the dead fly from the present box as that would have made a nice close up picture. LOL

I guess it was so hot at the fair that the ladies told me the Peanut Brittle re-melted!

Please share your recent surprise.

4 replies
ConfectionsCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConfectionsCC Posted 2 Aug 2011 , 2:35pm
post #2 of 5

Sorry about this, but living where we avg 105 mid summer, this is no surprise to me one bit!! What surprises me is that brides STILL insist on having outdoor weddings and want the cake out in the open, in bright sunlight, in sweltering heat..I am learning to laugh now! icon_rolleyes.gif

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 3 Aug 2011 , 1:54am
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiptop57

Yesterday I picked up my two dummy cake fair entries. To my surprise everything but the Styrofoam and cake board had completely melted!

icon_cry.gif Oh, how sad! Hopefully they were judged pre-meltdown! How did you do?

soapy_hopie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soapy_hopie Posted 3 Aug 2011 , 2:01am
post #4 of 5

I am sorry that happened to you

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 3 Aug 2011 , 2:14am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiptop57

Arghhhhhhhh - how sad for you

Unfortunately I didnt take any photos of them. So the soggy gumpaste Orchid and sticky present box with the wilted bow and my other entry of a brown globby mess of a basket weave vase with drooping Bird of Paradises and limp Bamboos shoots are now in my studio ready to be tore apart to reuse. Perhaps I should take a picture of the duo now as they are really funny looking.
Actually - that could be a great picture to put in a new thread - showing newbies what can actually happen... thumbs_up.gif
I say do it - and let others learn from your tragedy - i am sorry this happened to your cakes.

Too bad I flicked off the dead fly from the present box as that would have made a nice close up picture. LOL
Ohhhh that reminds me of a wedding magazine over here from about 3 years ago.
Beautiful Cake - in all its glory (full page spread) and what was lying on its back in the middle of one of the flowers - yes, a dead fly.
It was hysterical to see in such a glossy up market magazine.
I felt so sad for the Caker whose cake and photo shoot it was -
Imagine paying $1300.00 for that to be shown in evey addition of the magazine for 12 Months.

I guess it was so hot at the fair that the ladies told me the Peanut Brittle re-melted!
Now thats hot...
Please share your recent surprise.

Bluehue

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%