Aussie Bakers!

Lounge By belle76 Updated 6 Aug 2011 , 1:51am by auzzi

belle76 Posted 2 Aug 2011 , 1:29pm
post #1 of 5

what is the best cake for lamingtons? OH! and what about a recipe for cream buns?? i can make the cream...so i need a recipe for the buns icon_wink.gif My husband dreams of cream buns icon_razz.gif then all we need is to get a good sausage roll and meat pie recipes then we could save a few thousand dollars a year flying back just to appease his cravings :p

4 replies
topicyang Posted 4 Aug 2011 , 2:16am
post #2 of 5

Hope someone can help you solve the problem as soon as possible

belle76 Posted 5 Aug 2011 , 12:57pm
post #4 of 5

hmmm....somehow i put this in The Lounge and not in Recipe requests.....at this point, i'm not surprised i did that. anywho...
thank you for your response Auzzi! i did find some online, but i was kinda hoping for a recipe that someone has actually made. Part of my problem is that things aren't the same in the US as in Oz. for instance, my husband doesn't like the sausage in the US for sausage rolls. so i was hoping to find someone who has made them in the US and made them taste like the ones he'd get in Oz :p
But thanks for the links....they are different recipes then what i have tried in the past so i might give them a go!

auzzi Posted 6 Aug 2011 , 1:51am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Quote:

i was kinda hoping for a recipe that someone has actually made.

The lamington recipe and cream buns have actually been made.
The lamington base is a bog-standard sponge recipe widely used and easy to make. The chocolate icing is simple and just the right consistency for the sponge. Leaving the sponge until the day after baking produces a good "soaking" consistency. The cream bun recipe is an easy sweet dough also widely used. The mock cream is mostly used as a filling and on birthday cakes.

The meat pie recipe is also an ordinary pie - except for the vegemite - plain, basic and standard. I make it as a family-size instead of small ones ..

Sausage rolls o/seas will never taste like the ones "back home": so posting the one I use won't help you. One ingredient is "sausage mince" - and we don't even know what's in it ! Commercial sausage rolls also contain sausage mince.

Take your pick from the "Taste" site. They are a reliable source of recipe with reviews to aid your choice.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%