August Scratch-Off - Mud Cake!

Decorating By Adevag Updated 10 Apr 2017 , 5:36pm by cmlara_2009

winniemog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
winniemog Posted 29 Oct 2014 , 10:04pm
post #181 of 186

AIt's just about the only thing I use my stick blender for! In a chocolate and patisserie school where I worked, we had a massive stick blender (I think they're actually paint stirrers!) that we would use for litres and litres of ganache.

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 29 Oct 2014 , 10:15pm
post #182 of 186

:lol: paint stirrers.....I've watched my hubby stir paint with a wire on the end of a power tool forever, and never thought of chocolate.  The consistency of the paint is very similar to a warm chocolate ganache.

@winniemog, working at a chocolate and patisserie school must have been quite an interesting experience. You certainly know your chocolate!

winniemog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
winniemog Posted 29 Oct 2014 , 10:28pm
post #183 of 186

A

Original message sent by MBalaska

working at a chocolate and patisserie school must have been quite an interesting experience.

I learnt A LOT in the school. Mostly I learnt how much more there is to learn.....it's amazing how we may become competent at something, but I will never feel like an expert an anything! It's always a team effort when it comes to knowledge, that's why this site is so fantastic. If we all put our heads together there is generally a solution - or at least the confidence to say, "that's not possible" to a client!

cakebaby2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaby2 Posted 12 Jul 2016 , 2:38pm
post #184 of 186

I'm bumping this zombie thread because the recipes are awesome and you cant find them in a search of cakecentral anymore (unless you use google)

The mud cake by Applegum Pam and Bluehue are amazing, slightly different but just as good. I've got 2 in the oven right now and the house smells like a chocolatiers!...Just remember, no cutting or sampling for at least 24hrs and its just as gorgeous on day 5 as  day 7..thats as long as I've ever been able to keep a slice for myself. Happy baking ladies .

carolinecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carolinecakes Posted 13 Jul 2016 , 4:47pm
post #185 of 186

I just finished reading some of the recipes..........sounds sooo good. Mud cake is new to me so I may have to try some, when the weather cools down. Thanks for bumping!!!

cmlara_2009 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cmlara_2009 Posted 10 Apr 2017 , 5:36pm
post #186 of 186

Wanted to bump this thread to ask how I should go about storing a semi-naked chocolate mud cake.

I am planning on making a semi-naked mud cake for an upcoming wedding and will be frosting it with chocolate SMBC with a layer of homemade blackberry jam (blackberries, sugar, lemon juice/zest) inside as well. Should I store it in the fridge once the jam is inside or would it be okay for it to sit out in room temperature after assembling it the evening before the wedding? Also since it will be a semi-naked cake (light icing on the outside) will there be any issue with it drying out?

Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%